PhD in Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2014)
MSc Advanced Computer Technologies (University of Cyprus, 2006)
BSc in Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2003)
- Critical infrastructure protection, safety concerns and network resilience
- Situational awareness
- Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc and sensor network security
- Cloud-based infrastructure and Internet of Things (IoT) security
- Virtualization for security testing and training
- Adaptive security
- Security policies
- Intrusion recovery techniques
- Network systems performance
Course leader, MSc Cybersecurity
Module Leader of several computing modules and responsible for ensuring security certification alignment with specific security modules.
Throughout my professional and academic career, I have developed and taught the following postgraduate modules: Ethical Hacking, Cyber Defence, Information Security Management and Technology and Information Systems Management. At an undergraduate level, I have taught the following modules: Computer Security, Penetration Testing and Practitioner Skills.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Situation aware intrusion recovery policy in WSNs, International Conference On Cyber Situational Awareness, Data Analytics And Assessment (CyberSA), June 2016, London, UK
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A, A Survey on Secure Multipath Routing Protocols in WSNs, Computer Networks Journal (COMNET), Volume 54, Issue 13, September 2010, Pages 2215-2238.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Recovering from the selective forwarding attack in WSNs – Enhancing the recovery benefits of blacklisting and rerouting using directional antennas, International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), August 2014, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Security Evaluation Methodology for Intrusion Recovery Protocols in Wireless Sensor Networks, 15th ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems, MSWiM’ 12, October 21–25, 2012, Paphos, Cyprus.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Vulnerability Assessment of Intrusion Recovery Countermeasures in Wireless Sensor Networks', 16th IEEE Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC), Kerkyra, Greece, June 28- July 1, 2011.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Combating persistent adversaries in Wireless Sensor Networks using directional antennas, 18th International Conference on Telecommunications (ICT), Ayia Napa, Cyprus, May 8-11, 2011.
- Stavrou, E., Pitsillides, A., Hadjichristofi G, and Hadjicostis, C., Security in future mobile sensor networks: issues and challenges, International Conference on Security and Cryptography (SECRYPT 2010), July 26-28, 2010, Athens, Greece.
Selected Research Projects
2011-2013: LOCME – Localization of Mobile Terminals, funded by Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation
2009-2011: 4GOPEN – Optimization and Convergence for Next Generation Networks, funded by EUREKA-EUROSTARS
2006-2010: ASPIDA – Security in Wireless Sensor Networks, funded by Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation
2006-2009: UNITE - Virtual Distributed Testbed for Optimisation and Coexistence of Heterogeneous Systems, funded by EU FP6
2004-2005: SKINIKO - Designing secure and robust mobile services for home healthcare environments, funded by Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation
2004-2005: PKI Pilot: A PKI Infrastructure to serve the needs of the Academic Community in Cyprus, funded by Cyprus Research and Academic Network (CyNet)
Recent Professional Outreach
Member of organization committee of 1st Penetration Testing competition event (Cyprus, 2015)