DProf. Education Management, University of Middlesex, 2006
MSc. International Hotel Management, Oxford Brookes, 1998
PGCert of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, UCLan, 2015
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus, Current
Assistant Professor, UCLan Cyprus, 2012-2016
Assistant Professor, University of Nicosia, 2007-2012
Lecturer, Intercollege Nicosia, 1998-2007
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHE)
- Fellow of the Institute of Hospitality UK (FIH)
- Corporate Member of the Cyprus Human Resource Management Association (CyHRMA)
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader, MA International Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
- Course Leader, MBA
- Human Resource Management
- Critical Perspectives on Management
- Reflective Manager
- Reflective Professional
- Principles & Practice of TH&E
- Work-Based Knowledge, Experience & Practice.
- Course Leader (Cyprus) PGCert in Learning & Teaching in Higher Education.
- Member Student Experience Committee (School of Business)
- Zopiatis, A., Theocharous, A.L. and Constanti, P (2018). Career Satisfaction and Future Intentions in the Hospitality Industry: An intrinsic or an extrinsic proposition? Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 17 (2) http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15332845.2017.1340748
- Zopiatis, A., Theocharous, A.L., Constanti, P. & Tjiapouras, L. (2017) Quality, Satisfaction and Customers’ Future Intention: The Case of Hotels’ Fitness Centers in Cyprus. Journal of Quality Assurance in Hospitality & Tourism, 18 (1), 1-24.
- Zopiatis, A., Theocharous, A.L. and Constanti, P (2016). Adult vocational decision, career satisfaction and future intention: insights from the hospitality industry. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management, 28 (12), 2696-2720.
- Constanti, P. (2015). ‘Who Cares if I Care?’ Facilitating Learning in Higher Education. UCLan Journal of Pedagogic Research (online), 6.
- Zopiatis, A., Theocharous, A.L. and Constanti, P. (2015). 'The past is prologue to the future': an introspective view of hospitality and tourism research. Scientometrics, 102 (2), 1731-1753.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Zopiatis, A., Constanti, P. and Sakkadas, S (2016). Emotional Labour and Employees’ Burnout: Insights from the Hospitality Industry. 37th International Business Research Conference, 1st – 2nd of August 2016, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America.
- Zopiatis, A., Theocharous, A.L. and Constanti, P. Investigating the Effects of Intrinsic and Extrinsic Traits on Hospitality Employees’ Career Satisfaction. 13th Asia-Pacific CHRIE (APac-CHRIE) Conference, “Hospitality and Tourism in a Greening World: Challenges and Opportunities”, 10th – 13th of June 2015, Auckland, New Zealand
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Strategic Management, Cyprus Volunteerism Association (2017).
- Zopiatis, A., Constanti, P. and Pavlou, I. “Investigating the Association of Burnout and Personality Traits of Hotel Managers”. I-CHRIE Annual Conference. 27-31st July 2010, San Juan, Puerto Rico USA. Recipient of the Best Paper Award (Theme: Human Resources Management).
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- ‘STADIODROMIA2000’ November2000, represented/did a presentation on behalf of the Hotel Managers’ Association at the annual careers fair.
- Was a keynote speaker at the first Culinary Arts Conference held at Intercollege in November2001.
- Guest speaker on the post-graduate programme at Escola Superior de Hotelaria e Tourismo (Portugal) – October2004.
- Keynote speaker at local business workshop (Paphos), organized by the Democratic Rally party in October2004.
- Organized and delivered a half-day workshop: ‘Teaching Skills’, in-house for the Business School in collaboration with Marios Katsioloudes, November 2005.
- Keynote speaker at tourism symposium entitled “Cyprus Tourism – strategy; ecology; culture,” by Intercollege Business School Advisory Board, on April12,2006.
- Paper reviewer for the Fifth International Conference on Emotions and Organizational Life - Atlanta, August10-12,2006.
- Paper reviewer for EUROMED Journal,2006/7/8/9.
- Keynote lecture in WISE (Women, integration and skills for entrepreneurship) Workshop, Leonardo da Vinci programme, October13,2006.
- Keynote lecture, Cyprus Tourism Conference: ‘Seasonality’, Ayia Napa, January 16, 2015.
- PhD External Examiner at University of Derby, 2016.