The School of Law of UCLan Cyprus is proud to announce the LLM Financial and Commercial law. Within finance and commerce, law is a fast-changing and increasingly complex area. The LLM Financial and Commercial Law will enable students to specialise in a range of exciting subjects within the area of Financial and Commercial Law, of use for their future professional career in law, business or in financial fields, both nationally and internationally.
This Postgraduate course provides students with analytical and reflective skills and expertise in Financial and Commercial Law. It provides a learning experience which will enable students to strengthen their academic ability and enhance their performance in employment, as well as further develop their career opportunities. It provides the successful candidate with a recognised Postgraduate qualification in Financial and Commercial Law.
The LLM Financial and Commercial Law is available to students from both a legal and a non-legal background. Classes are taught during the late afternoon and evening. The course does not have any examinations, but has a compulsory Dissertation. Emphasis is placed on private research and study, assisted by the University’s remarkable law resources and databases. Therefore, class contact time is limited; reflective of a desire to offer a world-class course of interest to the talented, serious and dedicated student only, whilst providing the necessary flexibility for those juggling other professional and personal commitments.
• Advanced Legal Systems
• International Corporate Governance
• Banking and Financial Services Regulation
• Law of International Financial Transactions*
• International Development Law and Policy
• Shipping and Maritime Commercial Law
• International Commercial Arbitration
• WTO Law and Policy
• International Intellectual Property Law
• International Commercial Litigation
• EU Single Market Law
• International Commercial Mediation
• Independent Research Project
• EU Economic and Financial Governance
• EU Constitutional Law and Governance
• EU Trade Law and Policy
• EU Competition Law
• International Sale of Goods
• Oil and Gas: Public Law
• Oil and Gas: Private Law
UCLan Cyprus graduates can gain or develop careers in multinational and domestic law firms, global and local corporations, banking institutions, the foreign exchange market, the shipping industry, government bodies and a variety of other organisations.