Mr Andreas Xenofontos
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN ENERGY LAW
M.Sc International Oil and Gas Management (CEPMLP, University of Dundee, 2015)
LLM Comparative and International Dispute Resolution (Queen Mary University of London, 2013)
LLB, University of Cyprus (2012)
Senior Legal Advisor, KPMG Cyprus Deal Advisory (2018-present)
Expert Consultant on Law and Energy, Strategy International Think Tank (2018-present)
Cyprus Ambassador, Digital Lawyers (2018-present)
Advocate, Papantoniou & Papantoniou LLC (2016- 2018)
Research Fellow, Energy Charter Secretarial (Brussels) (2015)
- Cyprus Bar Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN): Active Membership
- AIPN Young Negotiators Group
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- ICC Young Arbitration Forum
International and Comparative Energy, Oil and Gas Law, Policy and Strategy, International Commercial and Investment Arbitration, ADR, International Investment Law, Energy, Oil and Gas Dispute Settlement.
Roles and Responsibilities
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader LLM modules Oil and Gas Public Law, Oil and Gas Private Law
- Andreas Xenofontos, “Managing investor state disputes in upstream oil and gas industry: IOCs’ perspective”, OGEL 4 (2018)
- Contribution on Chapter 9, Cyprus, on the book Peter Cameron and Raphael Heffron “Legal Aspects of EU Energy Regulation”, 2nd edition, Oxford University Press (2016)
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Certificate of Excellence of the training program for energy leaders “Settling Investment Disputes through Mediation: How to reach an Agreement” organized by Energy Charter Secretariat, Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR), and International Mediation Institute (IMI), received and awarded in Brussels on 6th November 2015.
- Certificate of Successful Completion of Oil and Gas Contract Negotiation Workshop organized by Mildwaters Consulting LLP, Dundee UK 11th-13th of April 2014.
- Admitted and awarded as Energy Union Future Leader, participating at the Energy Union Future Leaders Academy, organized under the auspices of the European Commission with the active participation of Vice President of European Commission responsible for the Energy Union, Maroš Šefčovič (November 2017).