Dr Andreas Lampis
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
PhD Physics (University of Birmingham, 2018)
BSc (Hons) Physics (University of Bath, 2013)
Associate Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, UCLan Cyprus (2018 – Present)
Science and Physics Teacher, The American Academy Larnaca (2018 – Present)
Science, Physics and Mathematics Teacher, The Heritage Private School (2017 – 2018)
Teaching Assistant, The University of Birmingham (2013 – 2017)
- Cyprus Physicists Society
Quantum and Classical Optics, Cavity Quantum Electrodynamics, Quantum Technologies, Cold Atoms, STEM education
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Delivery: Applied Physics for Electrical and Electronic undergraduate students, UCLan Cyprus
- B. Megyeri, G. Harvie, A. Lampis, and J. Goldwin, “Directional bistability and nonreciprocal lasing with cold atoms in a ring cavity,” Physical Review Letters 121, 163603 (2018).
- B. Megyeri, A. Lampis, G. Harvie, R. Culver, and J. Goldwin, “Why material slow light does not improve cavity-enhanced atom detection,” Journal of Modern Optics, 65:2, 185-191 (2017).
- A. Lampis, R. Culver, B. Megyeri, and J. Goldwin, “Coherent control of group index and magnetooptical anisotropy in a multilevel atomic vapor,” Optics Express 24, 15494-15505 (2016).
- R. Culver, A. Lampis, B. Megyeri, K. Pahwa, L. Mudarikwa, M. Holynski, Ph. W. Courteille, and J. Goldwin, “Collective strong coupling of cold potassium atoms in a ring cavity,” New Journal of Physics 18, 113043 (2016).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- A. Lampis et al., “Strong light-matter coupling with cold potassium atoms in a ring cavity,” Quantum Information and Measurement (QIM), Optical Society of America, Paris, France (2017).
- A. Lampis et al., “Towards controllable dispersion and gain with cold atoms in a high-finesse ring cavity,” 22nd Young Atomic Opticians (YAO) Conference, Munich, Germany (2016).
- A. Lampis et al., “Steep dispersion and coherent control of Faraday rotation in a potassium vapour cell,” Quantum Sensor Technologies and Applications Postgraduate Symposium (QTEAPS), Hamburg, Germany (2015).
- A. Lampis et al., “Ultracold 39K in a high-finesse optical ring resonator,” SFB925: Light Induced Dynamics and Control of Correlated Quantum Systems, Hohwacht, Germany (2014).
- EPSRC PhD scholarship (2013 – 2017)
- EPSRC UK National Quantum Technology Hub in Sensors and Metrology Network Funding (2017)
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Cypriot Scientist and Engineers (CySE): co-founder and president (2014 – Present)