PhD in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2019 – 2020)
MSc in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2008)
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2005)
Certification of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (2016)
Lecturer in Computing, UCLAN Cyprus (2017 – Present)
Lecturer in Networking, Bahrain Polytechnic (2013 – 2017)
Tutor in Computer Science Courses, University of Cyprus (2008 – 2013)
- Member of the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber
- Member of the IEEE community
Many-core Architectures, Networks on Chip and ways of minimizing power consumption in networks and reliability. Uses of Artificial Neural Networks for prediction purposes in Computing. Performance improvement of overlay networks with the use of caching algorithms
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership (UCLan Cyprus)
- Teaching/Module Leadership: Introduction to Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Practitioner Skills, Professional Skills, Network Management, Advanced Network Routing, Network Communication and Routing, Cyber Warfare, Cyber Defence
Previous Teaching Experience (Bahrain Polytechnic)
- Teaching/Module Leadership: Networking and Communications, Advanced Networking, Wireless Technologies, Computer Systems, Mathematics in ICT, Supervisor for year four student projects
Previous Administrative Roles
- Panel member for Bahrain Polytechnic accreditation
- Savva, A., Theocharides, & Nicopoulos, C. (2017). A Design Space Exploration Framework for ANN-Based Fault Detection in Hardware Systems. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 2017.
- Savva, A., Theocharides, T., & Soteriou, V. (2011). Intelligent On/Off Dynamic Link Management for On-Chip Networks. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 107821, 12 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/107821.
- Savva, A., Theocharides, T., & Soteriou, V. (2011). Intelligent On/Off Link Management for On-Chip Networks, In Proc. IEEE Annual Symposium on ISVLSI, pp. 343 – 344, July 2011.
- Savva, A., & Theocharides, T. (2009). Creating Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Manycore Architectures, The 4th International Conference on High Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers, January 2009 (poster presentation).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- INNOVTECH 2014, 2nd Innovation Conference in Bahrain, Seef, Bahrain, June 2014
- ISVLSI 2011. IEEE Annual Symposium on Very Large Scale Integrated Systems, Chennai, India, July 2011
- HiPEAC 2009. The 4th International Conference on High Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers, Paphos, Cyprus, January 2009
- Savva, A. (2011). Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Many-core Architectures, Research Workshop at KIOS Research Centre, University of Cyprus.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- September 2008: €89,450.00 for the project “Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Manycore Architectures”. Responsible for the proposal preparation and writing. Also participated as the main researcher. The project was funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation under Programme 2008 PENEK/ENISX/038. Collaboration of University of Cyprus and Technological University of Cyprus
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Judge for final year project competition ICT Department, Bahrain Polytechnic
- Researcher at Innovative Lab – Bahrain Polytechnic
- Researcher at EASOC LAB – Embedded and Application Specific Systems-on-Chip Laboratory – University of Cyprus
- Researcher at KIOS – Research Centre for Intelligent Systems and Networks – University of Cyprus
- Assistant Management for the software concerning the examinations for entering Cyprus and Greece universities (Ministry of Education Cyprus, 2002 – 2007)