Dr Andreas Savva
LECTURER IN COMPUTING
PhD in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2018)
MSc in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2008)
BSc (Hons) in Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2005)
Certification of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, 2016
Lecturer in Computing, UCLAN Cyprus (2017-present)
Lecturer in Networking, Bahrain Polytechnic (2013-2017)
T.A in Computing/Networking, University of Cyprus (2009-2012)
Member of the Cyprus Scientific and Technical Chamber.
Many-core Architectures, Networks on Chip and ways of minimizing power consumption in networks and reliability. Uses of Artificial Neural Networks for prediction purposes in Computing. Performance improvement of overlay networks with the use of caching algorithms.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
UCLan Cyprus: Introduction to Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms, Practitioner Skills, Professional Skills, Network Management, Advanced Network Routing, Network Communication and Routing, Cyber Warfare, Cyber Defence.
Bahrain Polytechnic: ICT Lecturer in courses: Networking and Communications, Advanced Networking, Wireless Technologies, Computer Systems, Mathematics in ICT. Supervisor for year four student projects. Module Leader for the modules: Networking 1, Advanced Networking, Wireless Technologies, Computer Systems, Maths for Computing. Development of the modules: Computer Systems and Maths for Computing. Responsible for Networking modules moderations and mentor/advisor for ICT students.
- Panel member for Bahrain Polytechnic accreditation.
- Savva, A., Theocharides, T., &Soteriou, V. (2011). Intelligent On/Off Dynamic Link Management for On-Chip Networks. Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering, vol. 2012, Article ID 107821, 12 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/107821.
- Savva, A., Theocharides, T., &Soteriou, V. (2011). Intelligent On/Off Link Management for On-Chip Networks, In Proc. IEEE Annual Symposium on ISVLSI, pp. 343 – 344, July 2011.
- Savva, A., &Theocharides, T. (2009). Creating Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Manycore Architectures, The 4th International Conference on High Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers, January 2009 (poster presentation).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- INNOVTECH 2014, 2nd Innovation Conference in Bahrain, Seef, Bahrain, June 2014.
- ISVLSI 2011. IEEE Annual Symposium on Very Large Scale Integrated Systems, Chennai, India, July 2011.
- HiPEAC 2009. The 4th International Conference on High Performance and Embedded Architectures and Compilers, Paphos, Cyprus, January 2009.
- Savva, A.(2011). Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Many-core Architectures, Research Workshop at KIOS Research Centre, University of Cyprus.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- September 2008: €89,450.00 for the project “Simulation and Evaluation Framework for Manycore Architectures”. Responsible for the proposal preparation and writing. Also participated as the main researcher. The project was funded by the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation under Programme 2008 PENEK/ENISX/038. Collaboration of University of Cyprus and Technological University of Cyprus.
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Judge for final year project competition ICT Department, Bahrain Polytechnic.
- Researcher at EASOC LAB – Embedded and Application Specific Systems-on-Chip Laboratory – University of Cyprus.
- Researcher at KIOS – Research Centre for Intelligent Systems and Networks – University of Cyprus.
- Assistant Management for the software concerning the examinations for entering Cyprus and Greece universities (Ministry of Education Cyprus, 2002 – 2007)