PhD in Computer Science (City, University of London, 2022)
MSc in Human-Computer Interaction (University College London, 2014)
BSc in Computer Science (University of Surrey, 2013)
Cybersecurity and Artificial Intelligence
Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2022 – present)
PostDoc Researcher, City, University of London (2021 – 2022)
Visiting Lecturer, City, University of London (2018 – 2020)
Full-Time Teaching Assistant, City, University of London (2017-2019)
Hourly Paid Teaching Assistant, City, University of London (2014-2017)
- Online Extremism/Terrorism/Hate Speech Detection and Analysis
- Security, Privacy and Safety in the Metaverse
- Explainable Artificial Intelligence
- Cybersecurity and Privacy in Smart Cities/IoT
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Leadership/Delivery: User Experience Design, Penetration Testing, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Digital Forensic Investigation
- A.Procopiou, “Ready Player Bad: The Future Rise of Extremism and Terrorism in the Metaverse”, IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Reality (ICIR), 2022.
- A. Procopiou, N. Komninos, C. Douligeris, “ForChaos: Real Time Application DDoS Detection Using Forecasting and Chaos Theory in Smart Home IoT Network”, Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 2019, Article ID 8469410, 14 pages, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1155/2019/8469410
- Procopiou and N. Komninos, “Current and future threats framework in smart grid domain,” 2015 IEEE International Conference on Cyber Technology in Automation, Control, and Intelligent Systems (CYBER), 2015, pp. 1852-1857, doi: 10.1109/CYBER.2015.7288228.
- A. Procopiou and T. M. Chen, “Explainable AI in machine/deep learning for intrusion detection in intelligent transportation systems for smart cities,” in Explainable Artificial Intelligence for Smart Cities, 1st Edition., Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2021, pp. 297–321.
- A. Procopiou and T. M. Chen, “Malicious activity detection in IoT networks: A nature-inspired approach,” in Advances in Nature-Inspired Cyber Security and Resilience, Cham: Springer International Publishing, 2022, pp. 55–83.
- A. Procopiou and T. M. Chen, “Security challenges and solutions in IoT networks for the smart cities,” in Internet of Things, 1st Edition., Boca Raton: CRC Press, 2022, pp. 161–204.