Dr Anthi Avloniti
LECTURER IN BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT AND COURSE LEADER OF BA (HONS) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PhD in Management (Kent Business School, University of Kent, 2014)
PGCert of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, 2016
MA in Business Management (Kingston Business School, Kingston University, 2010)
BA (Hons) in Business Administration (Athens University of Economics and Business, 2009)
Lecturer in Business and Management, UCLan Cyprus (2014-2017)
Associate Lecturer in Business and Management, UCLan Cyprus (2013-14)
Associate Lecturer in International Business, Kent Business School (2011-2012)
International Business; Cross-Cultural Management; Internationalization; MNEs; Cultural and Psychic Distance; Intra-Cultural Diversity, Entry Mode type, Top-Management-Team Diversity, Diversity in the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader, BA (Hons) Business Administration
- Modules Taught: Business Strategy, Strategic Marketing Management, Contemporary Marketing Communication Issues, Managing Across Cultures, Ethics, Management in Context, Managing for Strategic Success in the T, H & E, Strategy and International Management, Introduction to Strategic Management, Advanced Strategic Management, International Marketing, Dissertation, Internship.
- Member, Academic Standards and Quality Assurance Committee
- Member, Student Experience Committee (School of Business and Management Lead)
- Avloniti, A. and Filippaios, F. (2017) “Evaluating the Effects of Cultural Difference on Corporate Performance: A Meta-Analysis” (Global Business and Economics Review, In Press (ABS 2*).
- Avloniti, A. and Filippaios, F. (2014), “Unbundling the differences between Psychic and Cultural distance: An empirical examination of the existing measures”, International Business Review, Jun2014, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p660-674. (ABS 3*)
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- “The moderating impact of Intra-Cultural Variation on the Relationship between Home-Host Distance and MNE Performance”, Research paper presented at European International Business Academy (EIBA) Conference in Uppsala, Sweden (11-13 of December 2014).
- “Board Diversity as a Mediating Factor of the Relationship between National Diversity and MNE Performance”, Research paper presented at Academy of International Business (Journal of International Business Studies Paper Developmental Workshop in Vancouver, Canada June 2014).
- “An examination of the existing measures of cultural difference. Does one size fit all?”, Research paper presented at European International Business Academy (EIBA) Conference in Brighton, UK (7-9 of December 2012).
- “Evaluating the Effects of Cultural Difference on Corporate Performance. A Meta-Analysis”: Research paper presented at Academy of International Business (AIB) Conference in Liverpool, UK (29-31 of March 2012).
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- MSc Dissertation, “The impact of Psychic Distance and Cultural Tolerance of the performance of UK based MNEs”.
- MBA Dissertation, “The relationship between Psychic Distance and MNE performance in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry”
- MBA Dissertation, “Investigating the performance of marketing multinational companies from the UK when expanding to countries with high cultural distance, psychic distance and intra-cultural diversity”
- MBA Dissertation, “Organizational Culture: Exploring the influence of organizational culture on managers’ organizational commitment and gender differences within’
- MSc Dissertation, “Critical economic events and employees’ understanding of CSR policies
- MSc Dissertation, “Key success factors and challenges in encouraging consumers to engage with theatrical events – The case of Cyprus”
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Reviewer for high ranking journals (such as International Business Review) and global conferences in IB (such as Academy of International Business)