Dr Christiana Anaxagorou
Lecturer in Economics and Statistics
Deputy Course Leader of BA (Hons) Business Administration
PhD in Economics, “Public Finance, Foreign Aid and Political Incentives” (University of Sheffield, 2018)
MSc Economics (University College London, 2013)
BSc Economics (University of Nottingham, 2012)
AFHEA – Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (2015)
Development Economics, Macroeconomics, Applied Econometrics, Political Economy
Special Scientist (Research), Economics Research Centre University of Cyprus (2018 – 2022)
Lecturer, Alexander College (2019 – 2020)
Special Scientist (Teaching), Cyprus University of Technology (2018 – 2018)
Associate Lecturer, Sheffield Hallam University (2017 – 2018)
Development Economics, Economic Growth, Political Economy.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Deputy Course Leader, BA (Hons) Business Administration.
- International Financial Economics, Principles of Economics, The Business Environment, Research Methods, Marketing Research, Introduction to Business Functions, Decision Making for Business, Introduction to Financial Services Markets.
- Member of the ASQAC committee
- Anaxagorou C, Efthyvoulou G & Sarantides V (2020) Electoral motives and the subnational allocation of foreign aid in sub-Saharan Africa. European Economic Review.
- Anaxagorou, C. and Pashiourtidou, N., (2022). Forecasting economic activity using preselected predictors: the case of Cyprus. Cyprus Economic Policy Review, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp 11-36
- Baider, F. and Anaxagorou, C., (under review). Evaluating Hate speech: A sociolinguistic and bio signal experiment. Studii de lingvistica
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Anaxagorou, A. Foreign aid and public spending: The role of institutional quality. European Public Choice Society Meeting at the School of Public Policy, Central European University, Hungary. April 2017
- Anaxagorou, A. The effects of foreign aid and institutions on public finance: A panel of developing countries. Research Workshop on Macroeconomic Stability in Developing Countries, Navarra Center for International Development, Spain. June 2016
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- PhD Supervision – Kyriakos Apostolou – Customer experiences of value-in-use: An empirical insight from the healthcare sector
- MBA dissertation supervision
- ESRC Scholarship of the University of Sheffield White Rose Doctoral Training Centre