Dr Christos Karpasitis
LECTURER IN WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT AND COURSE LEADER OF BSC (HONS) WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
PhD in Digital Media and E-Marketing (UCLan, 2017)
MSc in E-Business and Information Systems (Newcastle University, 2011)
BSc in Multimedia and Digital Entertainment (Northumbria University, 2010)
Standard Descriptor 1 of the Professional Standards Framework of Higher Education (SD1) (2015)
Digital Media Design and E-Marketing
Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus (2016 – Present)
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2014 – 2016)
Internet Studies and Communication Teaching Staff, Cyprus University of Technology (2012 – 2016)
E-Marketing Executive & Multimedia Developer, Eyelevel Ltd, Cyprus, (2011 – 2012)
Television Commercials and On-Air Graphics Designer and Producer, (2010)
Internet marketing, viral marketing, viral videos, content sharing, video advertising, social media and networks, social media user behaviour, netnography, digital media design, web design, graphic design, audiovisual design
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
- Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Web Design & Development
- Module Leadership/Delivery: Introduction to Audiovisual Technologies, Video Production, Audio Production, Web Design & UX, Digital Marketing, Enterprise Development & Production, Research Project, Internet Intelligence, Internet Fundamentals, Interactive Applications, Web Content Development, Radio Production, Information Management.
- Karpasitis, C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A., Kvasova, O., (2019), “I See, I Hear, I Speak – How Audiovisuals Affect Brand Video Virality”, International Conference on Research in Advertising 2019, Krems, June 2019.
- Karpasitis, C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A., (2018), “The Role of Music in Viral Video Advertisements”, European Conference on Social Media 2018, Limerick, June 2018.
- Karpasitis, C., (2015), “The Role of Social Media Users in Brand Video Virality”, European Conference on Social Media 2015, Porto, July 2015.
- Karpasitis, C., Kaniadakis, A., (2015), “Social media as marketing information systems: Co-creation in viral video advertising”, In T. Tsiakis (Ed), Trends and Innovations in Marketing Information Systems, IGI Global.
- Karpasitis, C. and Kaniadakis A, (2015), “Viral video marketing campaigns in a social media ecosystem: the rise of ephemeral online communities”, Social Media & Society 2015 International Conference.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Karpasitis C., (2019), “How Visuals Affect Brand Video Virality, European Conference on Social Media 2019, Brighton, June 2019.
- Karpasitis C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A., Kvasova, O. (2018), “How .Audiovisuals Affect Brand Video Virality: A Netnographic Approach”, Advances in Theory and Practice of Digital Marketing Workshop, Swansea University Bay Campus, Swansea, July 2018.
- Kaniadakis, A., Karpasitis, C., (2015), “Viral video marketing campaigns in a social media ecosystem: the rise of ephemeral online communities”, Social Media & Society 2015 International Conference, Toronto, July 2015.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- IDEALVis – Intelligent Data Exploration and Adaptive MeaningfuL Visualizations, funded by Cyprus Research and Innovation Foundation, Researcher/Task Leader, €194,575, 2019 – 2021
- 2BeConnected – University Liaison Officers for the Labor Market, funded by European Social Fund, Researcher/Task Leader, €99,988, 2018 – 2019
- GReFORM – Good Governance enhancement through e-Learning for Sport Volunteer Board Members, funded by ERASMUS+, Task Leader, €483,659.00, 2018 – 2021
- Best Poster with Short Paper Award, European Conference on Social Media (ECSM), 2015
- First Image Award, Research Now Conference, UCLan, 2014