Dr Christos Karpasitis
LECTURER AND COURSE LEADER OF BSC (HONS) WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT
PhD in Digital Media and E-Marketing (UCLan, 2017)
MSc in E-Business and Information Systems (Newcastle University, 2011)
BSc in Multimedia and Digital Entertainment (Northumbria University, 2010)
Standard Descriptor 1 of the Professional Standards Framework of Higher Education (SD1), 2015
HRDA Certified Trainer (ΣΕΠ/CYQF/EQF5), 2019
Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus (2016 – Present)
Computer Science Special Teaching Staff, UCLan Cyprus, (2014-2016)
Internet Studies and Communication Teaching Staff, Cyprus University of Technology (2012-2016)
E-Marketing Executive & Multimedia Developer, Eyelevel Ltd, Cyprus, (2011-2012)
Television Commercials and On Air Graphics Designer and Producer, (2010)
Internet marketing, viral marketing, viral videos, video advertising, creative advertising, content sharing, social media and networks, social media user behavior, netnography, digital media, web design, audiovisual technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Web Design & Development
- Modules Taught: Introduction to Audiovisual Technologies, Internet Fundamentals, Video Production, Audio Production, Web Design & UX, Digital Marketing, Interactive Applications, Computing Skills, Internet Intelligence, Web Content Development, Radio Production, Information Management.
Current Administrative Roles
- Head of Digital, Center of Interdisciplinary Science Promotion and Innovative Research Exploration (InSPIRE)
Karpasitis C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A., Kvasova, O. (2018), “I See, I Hear, I Speak” – How Audiovisuals Affect Brand Video Virality”, International Conference on Research in Advertising 2019, Conference Proceedings, Krems, June 2019.
Karpasitis C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A. (2018), “The Role of Music in Viral Video Advertisements”, European Conference on Social Media 2018, Conference Proceedings, Limerick, June 2018.
Karpasitis C. & Kaniadakis, A. (2015), “Social media as marketing information systems: Co-creation in viral video advertising”, In T. Tsiakis (Ed), Trends and Innovations in Marketing Information Systems, IGI Global.
Karpasitis C. (2015), “The Role of Social Media Users in Brand Video Virality”, European Conference on Social Media 2015, Conference Proceedings, Porto, July 2015.
Selected Conference and Seminar Presentations
Karpasitis C., (2019), “How Visuals Affect Brand Video Virality, European Conference on Social Media 2019, Brighton, June 2019.
Karpasitis C., Polycarpou, I., Kaniadakis, A., Kvasova, O. (2018), “How Audiovisuals Affect Brand Video Virality: A Netnographic Approach”, Advances in Theory and Practice of Digital Marketing Workshop, Swansea University Bay Campus, Swansea, July 2018.
Kaniadakis, A. & Karpasitis, C. (2015), “Viral video marketing campaigns in a social media ecosystem: the rise of ephemeral online communities”, Social Media & Society 2015 International Conference, Toronto, July 2015.
Selected Research Funding/ Grant Capture
“Intelligent Data Exploration and Adaptive MeaningfuL Visualizations (IDEALVis)” project, Funded by Research Promotion Foundation Cyprus, Lead of Dissemination Activities & Web/Graphic Designer, Total Project Budget: €250,000, 2019-21
“2BeConnected – University Liaison Officers for the Labor Market” project, Funded by European Social Fund, UX & Web Designer, Total Project Budget: €100,000, 2018-2019
“Good Governance enhancement through e-Learning for Sport Volunteer Board Members (GReFORM)” project, Funded by Erasmus Plus: E+ Sports 2017, Video Producer, Total Project Budget: €420,000, UCLan Cyprus Budget: €62,000, 2018-21
- Best Poster with Short Paper Award, European Conference on Social Media (ECSM), 2015
- First Image Award, Research Now Conference, UCLan, 2014
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Conference Chair, European Conference on Social Media 2020 (ECSM20), Virtual Conference, July 2020.
- Member of the Conference Programme Committee, European Conference on Social Media (ECSM), Academic Conferences and Publishing International (ACPI), Reading, UK.
- Reviewer for several conferences including the European Conference on Social Media (ECSM), International conference on Information Systems Development (ISD).
- Reviewer for the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services