Dr Christos Ttofi
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
PhD in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2014)
MSc in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2011)
BSc in Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2009)
Digital Systems and FPGA Design
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2017 – Present)
Teaching Assistant, University of Cyprus (2009 – 2014)
Researcher, KIOS Research Center (2009 – 2014)
- Scientific Technical Chamber of Cyprus (ETEK)
Computer Vision and Image Processing, Development of Real-Time Software Algorithms, FPGA Design, Embedded Systems & Microcontrollers, Hardware/Software Co-design, Embedded Stereo Vision, Home Automation Systems, Computer Arithmetic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Application-specific and Embedded Microprocessors, Networks-on-Chip (NoC), Multiprocessor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoC)
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Leadership/Delivery: Digital Systems
- Christos Ttofis, Christos Kyrkou and Theocharis Theocharides, “A Low-Cost Real-Time Embedded Stereo Vision System for Accurate Disparity Estimation Based on Guided Image Filtering”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 2678-2693, Sept. 1 2016.
- Christos Ttofis, Christos Kyrkou, and Theocharis Theocharides, “A Hardware-Efficient Architecture for Accurate Real-Time Disparity Map Estimation,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 14, no. 2, March 2015.
- Chadjiminas, C. Kyrkou, C. Ttofis, T. Theocharides, M. K. Michael, “In-field Vulnerability Analysis of FPGA-Realized Computer Vision Applications”, International Conference on Field-programmable Logic and Applications (FPL), accepted, 2015.
- Papadopoulos, C. Ttofis, C. Kyrkou, and T. Theocharides, “Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Mobile Robots via Stereoscopic Vision Using Reconfigurable Hardware,” 23rd ACM/SIGDA International Symposium on Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA 2015), pp. 262, February 2015.
- Ttofis and T. Theocharides, “High-Quality Real-Time Hardware Stereo Matching based on Guided Image Filtering,” Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE’14), Dresden, Germany, 24-28 March 2014.
- Christos Ttofis, Stavros Hadjitheofanous, Athos Georghiades and Theocharis Theocharides, “Edge-Directed Hardware Architecture for Real-Time Disparity Map Computation,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 690-704, April 2013.
- Ttofis and T. Theocharides, “Towards Accurate Hardware Stereo Correspondence: A Real-Time FPGA Implementation of a Segmentation-Based Adaptive Support Weight Algorithm,” Proceedings of the Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE’12), Dresden, Germany, 12-16 March 2012.
- Kyrkou, C. Ttofis, T. Theocharides, “Depth-directed hardware object detection,” Proceedings of the Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE) 2011, pp.1-6, Grenoble, France, 14-18 March 2011.
- Christos Ttofis, Theocharis Theocharides, and Maria K. Michael, “FPGA-based Laboratory Assignments for NoC-based Manycore Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Education, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 180-189, May 2012.
- Hadjitheophanous, C. Ttofis, A. S. Georghiades, and T. Theocharides, “Towards Hardware Stereoscopic 3D Reconstruction: A Real-Time FPGA Computation of the Disparity Map,” Proceedings of the Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE) 2010, pp.1743-1748, Dresden, Germany, 8-12 March 2010.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- EUROSTARS, 7th Framework Program, RUNNER: Reconfigurable Ultra-autonomous Novel Robots, Researcher, 2011 – 2013
- Research Promotion Foundation, Energy-Efficient Embedded and Mobile Multiprocessor System-on-Chip Architectures, Researcher, 2009 – 2011
- Full scholarship for Master Studies given by the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus (2009 – 2011)
- Full Scholarship for Doctoral Studies given by Cyprus Scholarships Foundation (2011 – 2014)
- Best Paper Award at the IEEE International Conference on Microelectronic Systems Education 2009
- Award from the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering due to distinction as the best senior student in Computer Engineering for the academic year 2008 – 2009