Dr Christos Ttofi
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING
PhD Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2014)
MSc Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2011)
BSc Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2009)
Associate Lecturer in Electrical and Electronic Engineering, UCLAN Cyprus (2017-2018)
Teaching Assistant in Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Cyprus (2009-2014)
Scientific Technical Chamber of Cyprus
FPGA Design, Embedded Systems & Microcontrollers, Hardware/Software Co-design, Computer Arithmetic, Computer Organization and Architecture, Application-specific and Embedded Microprocessors, Networks-on-Chip & Multiprocessors, Embedded Stereo Vision, Home Automation Systems, Computer Vision and Image Processing, Development of Real-Time Software Algorithms, Software Quality Assurance.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
- Modules Taught: Digital Systems, Computer Organization and Microprocessors, Computer Architecture
- Christos Ttofis, Christos Kyrkou and Theocharis Theocharides, “A Low-Cost Real-Time Embedded Stereo Vision System for Accurate Disparity Estimation Based on Guided Image Filtering”, IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 65, no. 9, pp. 2678-2693, Sept. 1 2016.
- Christos Ttofis, Christos Kyrkou, and Theocharis Theocharides, “A Hardware-Efficient Architecture for Accurate Real-Time Disparity Map Estimation,” ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems, vol. 14, no. 2, March 2015.
- C. Ttofis and T. Theocharides, “High-Quality Real-Time Hardware Stereo Matching based on Guided Image Filtering,” Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE’14), Dresden, Germany, 24-28 March 2014.
- Christos Ttofis, Stavros Hadjitheofanous, Athos Georghiades and Theocharis Theocharides, “Edge-Directed Hardware Architecture for Real-Time Disparity Map Computation,” IEEE Transactions on Computers, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 690-704, April 2013.
- Christos Ttofis, Theocharis Theocharides, and Maria K. Michael, “FPGA-based Laboratory Assignments for NoC-based Manycore Systems,” IEEE Transactions on Education, vol. 55, no. 2, pp. 180-189, May 2012.
- C. Ttofis and T. Theocharides, “Towards Accurate Hardware Stereo Correspondence: A Real-Time FPGA Implementation of a Segmentation-Based Adaptive Support Weight Algorithm,” Proceedings of the Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE’12), Dresden, Germany, 12-16 March 2012.
- S. Hadjitheophanous, C. Ttofis, A. S. Georghiades, and T. Theocharides, “Towards Hardware Stereoscopic 3D Reconstruction: A Real-Time FPGA Computation of the Disparity Map,” Proceedings of the Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference & Exhibition (DATE) 2010, pp.1743-1748, Dresden, Germany, 8-12 March 2010.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- EUROSTARS, 7th Framework Program, “RUNNER: Reconfigurable Ultra-autonomous Novel Robots”, Principal Investigator, €150.000, 2011-2013.
- Research Promotion Foundation, EMPSoC, Energy-Efficient Embedded and Mobile Multiprocessor System-on-Chip Architectures, Principal Investigator, €130.000, 2009 – 2011.
Supervision of Projects
- Ioannis Chadjiminas (BSc): In-field Vulnerability Analysis of FPGA-Realized Computer Vision Applications. 2015.
- Martinianos Papadopoulos (BSc): Real-Time Obstacle Avoidance for Mobile Robots via Stereoscopic Vision Using Reconfigurable Hardware. 2015.
- Full Scholarship for Doctoral Studies given by Cyprus Scholarships Foundation. 2011-2014.
- Best Paper Award at IEEE International Conference on Microelectronic Systems Education. 2009.
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
Reviewer for the following journal publications:
- IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology (TCSVT)
- IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC)
- IEEE Transactions of Very Large Scale Integrated Systems (TVLSI)
- IEEE Transactions on Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of IC and Systems
- International Journal of Computational Vision and Robotics (IJCVR)
Reviewer for the following conferences:
- Design, Automation, & Test in Europe Conference (DATE)
- International Symposium on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS)
- Great Lakes VLSI conference (GLSVLSI)
- IEEE Computer Society Annual Symposium on VLSI (ISVLSI)
- IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA)