DR ELIAS ALLAYIOTIS
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN COMPUTING
PhD Degree in Computer Science (University of Central Lancashire, 2017)
MSc in Computer Science (Roosevelt University, 2007)
BSc in Computer Science (Roosevelt University, 2004)
Certified Information Systems Auditor (ISACA, 2011)
Certified Linux Administrator (LPI, 2015)
Associated Fellowship (Higher Education Academy, 2014)
Cloud Architecture, Data Analytics, Data Modelling
CTO – VP Of Product Development, Competitive Analytics Professionals (2014 – Present)
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2019 – Present)
Director, Competitive Analytics Professionals (2013 – 2014)
Managing Director, UVIA Technologies (2009 – 2013)
Data Scientist, The NPD Group (2005 – 2006)
- Member of ACM
- Member of IEEE
- Member of ICSC
Quality of Experience (QoE) of mobile users using modelling, development and simulation approaches. Specifically, research towards quantification of user experience with the use of context awareness in automated/adaptable environments.
Mobile-to-Cloud Computing (MCC), data processing and offloading approaches from mobile devices to cloud architectures for the improvement of the user experience.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Leadership/Delivery: CO4804 Masters Project
- E. Allayiotis and J. Antoniou, “Technical considerations towards mobile user QoE enhancement via Cloud interaction,” 2014 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC), Nicosia, 2014, pp. 936-941, doi: 10.1109/IWCMC.2014.6906481.
- J. Antoniou and E. Allayiotis, “MWQoE: A user-centered context-aware model for evaluating the Mobile Web Quality of Experience,” 2017 IEEE 28th Annual International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Montreal, QC, 2017, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/PIMRC.2017.8292534.
- E. Allayiotis, “Characterization of Mobile Web Quality of Experience using a non-intrusive, context-aware, mobile-to-cloud system approach.” PhD diss., University of Central Lancashire, 2017.
- Amazon Web Services Grant for Research & Education (2015)
- PhD Scholarship from University of Central Lancashire (2013)
- Graduate School Scholarship from Roosevelt University (2006)