Dr Fanos Tekelas
Lecturer in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
PhD in Entrepreneurship (University of Central Lancashire UK, 2017)
Master of Business Administration (University of Sunderland, 2012)
BA(Hons) Business and Management (University of Sunderland,2011)
Lecturer in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, UCLan Cyprus (2018-Current)
Research Assistant, Cyprus University of Technology (2017-Current)
Special Teaching Staff, Cyprus University of Technology (2018-Current)
Permanent Research Fellow, Cyprus Institute of Marketing (2017-2018)
Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Cyprus Institute of Marketing (2015-2018)
- Regional Studies Association
- Lancashire Institute for Economic and Business Research (LIEBR)
- Professional Member of the Tourist Trade Industrial Company Famagusta
Fanos’ research interests focus on family businesses and their strategic responses during recessions. Interests also include the retail strategies and the strategic posture of fashion retail SMEs, entrepreneurial orientation and entrepreneurial behaviour in family firms. Fanos also investigates several aspects of Cypriot family-owned hotels such as Corporate Social Responsibility and the characteristics of ownership.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Leader, Food and Beverage Operations
- Module Leader, Management Development in Tourism, Hospitality and Events
- Module Leader, Creativity and Innovation in Organisations
- Module Leader, Managing Your Business
- Tutor, Managing People Enterprise Skills
- Tutor, Business in Context
- Tutor, Management and Organizations
- Tutor, Contemporary Marketing in Organizations
- Tutor, Marketing and ICT for Visitor Economy Managers
- Tutor, Sport Tourism
- Watson, D., Yap,S., Pandi,S., Husband, J and Tekelas,F. (2018)“Brexit and the Implications of Food Safety Cultural Compliance in the Food Manufacturing Sector”, Acta Scientific Microbiology, 1 (4), pp.1-9.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Watson,D. and Tekelas,F. (2017) Factors affecting academic job performance in Nigerian universities: A case study of Delta State University and Igbinedion University Okada. Inaugural Conference of the Cyprus Center for Business Research, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Watson, D., Yap, S, Pandi, S, Husband, J.and Tekelas, F (2017) BREXIT and the Implications of Food Safety Cultural Compliance in the Food Manufacturing Sector. In: 7th European Food Safety & Standards Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Research conducted by UCLan Cyprus Research Team in collaboration with TEBEA. Presentation of findings regarding “All Inclusive Hotels’ Effectiveness” at Aeneas Hotel.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Management Committee Member, Working Group 1 (Foundations) and Working Group 2 (Industries and Impact) of the European Cooperation in Science & Technology, Cost Action CA16206: Empowering the next generation of social enterprise scholars.
Duration: November 2017- November 2021
Funding: European Cooperation in Science & Technology
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- European Open Days Master Class: Representing Cyprus in the European Parliament debate regarding the 2008’s recession.
- BlackSwan Global Company in Collaboration with NHS and Rio Tinto: Business & Innovation Award: Professional Development Enhancement Scheme.
- Editor/Reviewer for the British Food Journal