Dr Fanos Tekelas
LECTURER IN INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP/ DIRECTOR OF CEDAR/ COURSE LEADER OF BA(HONS) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PhD in Entrepreneurship (University of Central Lancashire UK, 2018)
Master of Philosophy (University of Central Lancashire UK, 2015)
Master of Business Administration (University of Sunderland, 2012)
BA(Hons) Business and Management (University of Sunderland,2011)
Entrepreneurship and Strategic Management, Family Businesses, Hospitality and Tourism
Lecturer in Innovation and Entrepreneurship, UCLan Cyprus (2018-Current)
Research Assistant, Cyprus University of Technology (2017-Current)
Special Teaching Staff, Cyprus University of Technology (2018-Current)
Permanent Research Fellow, Cyprus Institute of Marketing (2017-2018)
Lecturer in Entrepreneurship, Cyprus Institute of Marketing (2015-2018)
- Regional Studies Association
- Lancashire Institute for Economic and Business Research (LIEBR)
- Professional Member of the Tourist Trade Industrial Company Famagusta
Fanos’ research interests focus on SMEs and their strategic responses during recessions. Interests also include the retail strategies and the strategic posture of fashion retail SMEs, entrepreneurial orientation and entrepreneurial behaviour in family firms. Fanos also investigates several aspects of Cypriot family-owned hotels such as Corporate Social Responsibility and the characteristics of ownership.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
Course Leader, BA(Hons) Business Administration
- Module Leader, Food and Beverage Operations
- Module Leader, Decision-Making for Business
- Module Leader, Coaching and Mentoring
- Module Leader, Creativity and Innovation in Organisations
- Module Leader, Managing Your Business
- Tutor, Managing People Enterprise Skills
- Tutor, Business in Context
- Tutor, Management and Organizations
- Tutor, Developing Business Plans
- Tutor, Marketing and ICT for Visitor Economy Managers
- Odigiri, Maxwell, Watson, Derek, Hayes, Catherine and Tekelas, Fanos (2020) Factors Affecting Academic Job Performance in Nigerian Universities; A Case Study of Delta State University & Igbinedion University Okada. The Market: International Journal of Business, 1 (1). pp. 42-56
- Watson, Derek, Yap, S, Pandi, S, Husband, J and Tekelas, F (2018) Brexit and the Implications of Food Safety Cultural Compliance in the Food Manufacturing Sector. Acta Scientific Microbiology, 1 (4). ISSN 2581-3226
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Watson,D. and Tekelas,F. (2017) Factors affecting academic job performance in Nigerian universities: A case study of Delta State University and Igbinedion University Okada. Inaugural Conference of the Cyprus Center for Business Research, Nicosia, Cyprus.
- Watson, D., Yap, S, Pandi, S, Husband, J.and Tekelas, F (2017) BREXIT and the Implications of Food Safety Cultural Compliance in the Food Manufacturing Sector. In: 7th European Food Safety & Standards Conference, Athens, Greece.
- Research conducted by UCLan Cyprus Research Team in collaboration with TEBEA. Presentation of findings regarding “All Inclusive Hotels’ Effectiveness” at Aeneas Hotel.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Management Committee Member, Working Group 1 (Foundations) and Working Group 2 (Industries and Impact) of the European Cooperation in Science & Technology, Cost Action CA16206: Empowering the next generation of social enterprise scholars.
Duration: November 2017- November 2021
Funding: European Cooperation in Science & Technology
- SPRING- “Succession Planning and Regeneration in Family Businesses for New Growth through an innovative training programme” (A 3-year programme of 999.000 euros under Erasmus+ , KA2.
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- MBA and MA ITHEM dissertations’ supervision
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Director of the Centre for Entrepreneurial Development, Alliance and Research (CEDAR)
- Certified Professional Trainer by the Human Resource Development Authority of Cyprus (2018- Present)
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Member of the Parallel Parliament of the Republic of Cyprus- Entrepreneurship cluster
- Representative of the Republic of Cyprus in the European Cost Action CA16206 (2017-2022)
- Reviewer for the British Food Journal (2017- Present)
- European Open Days Master Class: Representing Cyprus in the European Parliament debate regarding the 2008’s recession.
- BlackSwan Global Company in Collaboration with NHS and Rio Tinto: Business & Innovation Award: Professional Development Enhancement Scheme.