PhD in Electronic Engineering (Queen Mary, University of London, 2006)
BSc Electrical Engineering (University of California, Davis, 2000)
Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering, Computer Science
Associate Lecturer in Computing, UCLan Cyprus (2014 – Present)
Telecommunications Engineer, Cyta (2005 – Present)
Researcher, Siemens AG (2001 – 2005)
Internet of Things, Multimedia Communication, Image and Video Processing, Forensics
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
- Module Leadership/Delivery: Investigating Hardware and Operating Systems, Digital Evidence and Incident Response, Digital Forensic Investigation, Cyber Warfare, IT Project Management, Digital Electronics
- Michael, G., Tsaparellas, K., Panis, G., Loizou, C.P. and Lanitis, A., 2016. Towards Non-invasive Patient Monitoring Through Iris Tracking and Pain Detection. In XIV Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing 2016 (pp. 361-366). Springer International Publishing.
- Panis, G., Lanitis, A., Tsapatsoulis, N. and Cootes, T.F., 2016. Overview of research on facial ageing using the FG-NET ageing database. IET Biometrics, 5(2), pp.37-46.
- Panis, G. and Lanitis, A., 2014, September. An overview of research activities in facial age estimation using the FG-NET aging database. InEuropean Conference on Computer Vision (pp. 737-750). Springer International Publishing.
- Heuer, J., Hutter, A., Panis, G. and Timmerer, C., Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, 2010. Method for generating and/or processing a data stream description. U.S. Patent 7,769,879.
- Hutter, A., Amon, P., Panis, G., Delfosse, E., Ransburg, M. and Hellwagner, H., 2005, September. Automatic adaptation of streaming multimedia content in a dynamic and distributed environment. In IEEE International Conference on Image Processing 2005 (Vol. 3, pp. III-716). IEEE.
- Panis, G., Hutter, A., Heuer, J., Hellwagner, H., Kosch, H., Timmerer, C., Devillers, S. and Amielh, M., 2003. Bitstream syntax description: a tool for multimedia resource adaptation within MPEG-21. Signal Processing: Image Communication, 18(8), pp.721-747.
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- A New Concept in Cyber Security that Provides Computer Systems Protection through the Interaction Between Computers and Users. (MSc in Cybersecurity)
- Designing a Uniform Approach: A Security Framework for Cloud Computing. (MSc in Cybersecurity)
- A Comparison of the APFS File System and the HFS+ File System and the Digital Forensic Challenges. (MSc in Cybersecurity)
- Investigate the process and analyse the impact of VPN, firewall and IDS on a Wide Area Network Performance using Riverbed (MSc in Cybersecurity)
- Security in IoT based Smart-homes Infrastructure (MSc in Cybersecurity)
- Digital Forensic Investigation within the Scope of Incident Response: Training Material for Corporate Staff on Data Recovery from Storage Devices. (MSc in Cybersecurity)
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Participated in MPEG standardization from 2002 – 2005