PhD in Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2021)
MSc Computer Science/Information Security (Open University of Cyprus, 2016)
BSc Computing (University of Cyprus, 2005)
Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT)
Computer Science, Networking, Programing, AI/ML, Distributed AI
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2022 – present)
Researcher at CYENS Smart Network Systems Research Group (2018 – present)
Software Developer, Primetel (2013 – 2018)
IT and Programmer, Cyprus Stock Exchange (2008 – 2013)
Technician, Land and Survey Department (2007 – 2008)
IT and Programmer, Phileleftheros Newspaper (2001 – 2007)
My research interests are the following areas:
- Telecommunications, D2D, 5G, 6G
- AI/ML, Distributed AI
- Security (overall)
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Module Leadership/Delivery: Wireless and Mobile Networks
- I. Ioannou, C. Christophorou, V. Vassiliou, M. Lestas and A. Pitsillides, “Dynamic D2D Communication in 5G/6G using a Distributed AI Framework,” in IEEE Access, 2022, Volume: 10, Page: 62772-62799, DOI: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3182388.
- I. Ioannou, C. Christophorou, V. Vassiliou, A. Pitsillides (2022), “A novel DAI framework with ML for D2D Communication in 5G/6G Networks”, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal (COMNET), Volume 211, 2022, 108987, ISSN 1389-1286, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2022.108987.
- I. Ioannou, C. Christophorou, V. Vassiliou, A. Pitsillides (2022), “A Distributed AI/ML Framework for D2D Transmission Mode Selection in 5G and Beyond”, Elsevier Computer Networks Journal (COMNET), Volume 210, 2022, 108964, ISSN 1389-1286, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.comnet.2022.108964.
- I. Ioannou, V. Vassiliou, C. Christophorou and A. Pitsillides, “Distributed Artificial Intelligence Solution for D2D Communication in 5G Networks,” in IEEE Systems Journal, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 4232-4241, Sept. 2020, doi: 10.1109/JSYST.2020.2979044.
- Kishore, R., Ioannou, I., Christophorou, C. et al. A security protocol for D2D communications in 5G networks using elliptic curve cryptography. Int. J. Inf. Secur. (2022). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10207-022-00620-8
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Ioannou, C. Christophorou, V. Vassiliou and A. Pitsillides, “Performance Evaluation of Transmission Mode Selection in D2D communication,” 2021 11th IFIP International Conference on New Technologies, Mobility and Security (NTMS), 2021, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/NTMS49979.2021.9432648.
- Ioannou, C. Christophorou, V. Vassiliou and A. Pitsillides, “5G D2D Transmission Mode Selection Performance & Cluster Limits Evaluation of Distributed AI and ML Techniques,” 2021 IEEE International Conference on Communication, Networks and Satellite (COMNETSAT), 2021, pp. 70-80, doi: 10.1109/COMNETSAT53002.2021.9530792.
- M. Savva, I. Ioannou and V. Vassiliou, “Fuzzy-Logic Based IDS for Detecting Jamming Attacks in Wireless Mesh IoT Networks,” 2022 20th Mediterranean Communication and Computer Networking Conference (MedComNet), 2022, pp. 54-63, doi: 10.1109/MedComNet55087.2022.9810363.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- EU, ADROIT6G, researcher
- EU, METACITIES, researcher
- MSc First in my Department and second in the School
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Medcomnet 2022, TPC
- Globecom – GC 2022 Workshop – 5GBeyond, TPC
- SRMC 2022 : International Workshop on Reliable and Secure Microservices and Containers, TPC
- “International Conference on Recent Innovations in Science, Engineering and Technology” ICRISET 22, Keynote Speaker
- EIT communications,Reviewer