Dr Isabella Karasamani
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR IN FINANCE & COURSE LEADER IN ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE
- Doctor of Philosophy in Finance (Durham University, UK, School of Business)
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business (NorthCentral University Arizona, School of Business Administration and Technology Management- Awarded with Academic Excellence Scholarship)
- Master of Science in International Business and Finance (University of Reading, UK, Department of Economics)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (University of La Verne, USA, Department of Business)
- Associate Fellow of Learning and Teaching in Higher Education
- Course Leader in Accounting and Finance, University of Central Lancashire CY (2018-to date)
- Lecturer in Accounting and Finance, University of Central Lancashire CY (2013-to date)
- Deputy Course Leader in Accounting and Finance, University of Central Lancashire CY (2015-2018)
- Associate Lecturer in Finance and Economics & Research Associate, Cyprus University of Technology (2011- to date)
- Corporate Governance
- Corporate Financial Policies
- Corporate Valuation and Corporate Structure (focus on Diversification)
- Behavioural Finance
- Shipping Finance
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Course Leader in Accounting and Finance
Leadership, organization and coordination of the Accounting and Finance course.
Curriculum support, revision and ongoing development of the tutor team.
Delivery of the course, ensuring that the teaching team is properly briefed.
Keeping abreast of developments likely to affect the course.
Lecturer in Finance and Business
Lecturing major Accounting/ Finance/ Business modules:
- Accounting and Finance – MBA Level (AC4410)
- Accounting and Finance – MBA Level (AC4410- Distance Learning)
- Operations Strategy- MBA Level (MG4219)
- Intro to Accounting and Info. Systems (MG1550)
- To Business Economics &Finance (EC1401)
- Business Info. Systems (BT4215)
- Systems & Business Environment (AC1300)
- Business Info. Systems (BT1101)
- Business Statistics and Mathematics (MA1601)
Member of the Employee Satisfaction Committee
Articles in Referred Journals
- The impact of managerial ability on crisis-period corporate investment (with Andreou, P.C., Louca, C.). Journal of Business Research, 79, pp.107-122.
- CEO Duality, Agency Costs and Internal Capital Allocations (with Aktas, N., Andreou, P.C., Philip, D.). British Journal of Management, doi:10.1111/1467-8551.12277
Professional Press/ Forums (Practitioners’ Oriented Publications)
- Featuring of CEO Duality, Agency Costs and Internal Capital Allocations in the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation (December 5, 2016).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
CEO Duality, Agency Costs and Investment Allocations
- SGF Conference- 20th Annual Conference of the Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, Zurich, Switzerland, March 30, 2017
- Money, Banking and Finance Conference (MBF), Rome, Italy, Dec 1-3, 2016
- Multinational Finance Society Conference, Lemesos, Cyprus, April 22-24, 2016
CEO Duality, Corporate Activity and Performance
- Multinational Finance Society Conference, Larnaca, Cyprus, April 17-19, 2015
Managerial Ability and Investment Allocation Efficiency
- Multinational Finance Society Conference, Larnaca, Cyprus, April 4-5, 2014.
- Cyprus University of Technology, Finance Workshop, Lemesos, Cyprus, May 9-10, 2013