Dr Konstantinos I. Kakoudakis
LECTURER IN HOSPITALITY & TOURISM MANAGEMENT
Ph.D. Business & Management (The University of Nottingham, 2014)
M.A. Strategic Consumer Marketing (Manchester Metropolitan University, 2008)
M.A. Strategic Hospitality Management (Manchester Metropolitan University, 2007)
Diploma of Higher Education in Tourism (Higher School of Tourism Education of Crete, 2000)
Lecturer in Hospitality & Tourism Management, UCLan Cyprus (2019 – Present)
Academic Director and Lecturer in Management & Marketing, Larnaca College, Cyprus (2017-2018)
Consultant/Researcher in Tourism, ETAM S.A. Consulting Services, Greece (2015-2016)
Hospitality Employee: Elounda Beach Hotel & Villas, Minos Beach Art Hotel, Elounda Bay Palace, Minerva Premier Hotel, Greece (1997-1999 & 2002-2006)
Member: International Social Tourism Organisation, Alliance on Training & Research in Social and Fair Tourism
Associate Member: The European Network for Accessible Tourism (ENAT)
Social tourism, sustainable development, tourism seasonality, working conditions in the hospitality industry
Roles and responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Deputy Course Leader, MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
- Modules Taught: Tourism, Hospitality and Events Employability & Talent Management, International Cases in Hospitality & Tourism, Applied Research & Service Quality in Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management, Learning from Working in Tourism, Hospitality and/or Events, Foundations in Scholarship, Research & Technology, and Introduction to Service Excellence in Hospitality & Tourism.
Successful supervision of postgraduate students
- Annie Georgiou, MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
- Aikaterini Kanellou, MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
- Constantinos Kyrlakis, MBA Master of Business Administration
- Kakoudakis, K. I., and McCabe, S. (2019). Social tourism as a modest, yet sustainable, development strategy: Policy recommendations for Greece. In Diekmann, A, McCabe, S., and C. C. Ferreira (Eds.) Social Tourism at the Crossroads, 1st Ed. Abingdon: Routledge: https://www.routledge.com/Social-Tourism-at-the-Crossroads-1st-Edition/Diekmann-McCabe-Cardoso-Ferreira/p/book/9780367258177
- Kakoudakis, K. I., and Papadoulaki, A. (forthcoming). ‘Social tourism in Greece.’ In J. Lima, and C. Eusébio (Eds.) Social Tourism: Different challenges and approaches around the world. Oxfordshire: CABI.
- Kakoudakis, K. I. (in press). ‘Counterbalancing the effects of unemployment through social tourism.’ In S. McCabe, and A. Diekmann (Eds.) Social Tourism Handbook. Cheltenham: Elgar Publishers.
- Kakoudakis, K. I., and McCabe, S. (2018). ‘Social tourism as a modest, yet sustainable, development strategy: Policy recommendations for Greece.’ Journal of Policy Research in Tourism, Leisure and Events, 10 (3), 189-203 https://doi.org/10.1080/19407963.2018.1443938
- McCabe, S., Diekmann, A., and Kakoudakis, K.I. (2018). ‘The rights to tourism: Reflections on social tourism and human rights.’ In C. Cooper, S. Volo, W. C., Gartner, and N. Scott (Eds.) The Sage Handbook of tourism management: Applications of Theories And Concepts to Tourism. Vol. 2 (pp. 61-74). London: SAGE Publications https://uk.sagepub.com/en-gb/eur/the-sage-handbook-of-tourism-management/book263162#contents
- Kakoudakis, K. I., McCabe, S. and Story, V. (2017). ‘Social tourism and self-efficacy: Exploring links between tourism participation, job-seeking and unemployment.’ Annals of Tourism Research, 65 (July), 108-121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2017.05.005
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
Kakoudakis, K. I. ‘Generation shifts in the senior tourist market: Addressing future challenges through social tourism.’ The 9th International Conference on ‘Tourism & Sustainable Development, Kathmandu/Nepal, May, 2018.
Kakoudakis, K. I., and McCabe, S. ‘Social tourism as a modest, yet sustainable, development strategy: Policy recommendations for Greece.’ International Social Tourism Organisation (ISTO) World Congress, Driving Tourism through Inclusion, Zagreb/Croatia, October 2016.
Kakoudakis, K. I. ‘Frontier issues on tourism research and career development of young scholars.’ The Second International Young Scholars Forum, Zhuhai/China, June 2016.
Kakoudakis, K. I. ‘The role of social tourism in self-efficacy and job-seeking activity of unemployed individuals.’ Presented at:
- The International Conference on Tourism (ICOT), Crete/Greece, May 2012;
- The 6th World Conference for Graduate Research in Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure, Fethiye/Turkey, April 2012.
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
For further details please follow the links below:
- International Social Tourism Organisation
- The Family Holiday Association
- The University of Nottingham