Dr Kyriakos Petrou
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN ECONOMICS & STATISTICS
+ 357 24694000
PhD in Economics (University of Cyprus, 2017)
MSc in Economic Analysis (University of Cyprus, 2012)
MSc in Monetary and Financial Economics (University of Cyprus, 2009)
BSc (Hons) in Economics (University of Thessaly, 2007)
Teaching Staff, University of Cyprus (2017-)
Teaching Assistant, University of Cyprus (2007-2017)
Administration Officer, Cyprus International Institute of Management (2013,2014)
My primary research interests are in the areas of empirical econometrics, inequality, preferences for redistribution, social identity, and social interactions.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Tutor, Introduction to Economics
- Course Tutor, Fundamentals of Business Mathematics
- Preferences for Redistribution in Cyprus (joint with Andros Kourtellos), Cyprus Economic Policy Review, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.41-68 (2017).
- Measuring the Strength of the Theories of Government Size (joint with Andros Kourtellos and Alex Lenkoski).
- The Role of Social Identity in Preferences for Redistribution and Beliefs (joint with Andros Kourtellos).
- Multiple Regimes and Preferences for Redistribution (joint with Andros Kourtellos).
- Identify the Robust Determinants of Conflict (joint with Costas Hadjiyiannis and Chrysostomos Tabakis).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- 16th Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics (Milos, July 10-14, 20175) – “The Role of Social Identity in Preferences for Redistribution and Beliefs”.
- 6th International Ioannina Meeting on Applied Economics and Finance (Kerkyra, June 29-July 1, 2016) – “Preferences for Redistribution with Social Identity”.
- 14th Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics (Chania, July 12-16, 2015) – “Robust Determinants of Government Expenditures: A Model Averaging Approach” (Poster Session Presentations).