Dr Maria Alanelli
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN MATHEMATICS
Ph.D. in Mathematics (University of Crete, 2007)
M.Sc. in Applied Mathematics (University of Crete, 2002)
B.Sc. in Mathematics (University of Crete, 1999)
Mathematics (Numerical Analysis, Numerical Linear Algebra)
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2014 – Present)
Special Scientist, Cyprus University of Technology (2011 – Present)
Special Scientist, University of Cyprus (2015 – 2019)
Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus (2009 – 2011)
Numerical Analysis, Numerical Linear Algebra, Algorithms (MATLAB, R)
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Module Leadership
- Module Leadership/Delivery: Numerical Analysis, Ordinary Differential Equations, Computational mathematics, Computational Mathematics for Engineers, Mathematics and Computing for Engineering, Calculus I, Calculus II, Discrete Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Statistics, Computational Statistics
- Block Gauss elimination followed by a classical iterative method for the solution of linear systems, with A. Hadjidimos. J. Comput. Appl. Math. 163 (2004), no.2, 381-400.
- A New Iterative Criterion for H-Matrices, with A. Hadjidimos. SIAM J. Matrix Anal. Appl. 29 (2006/07), no. 1,160-176.
- On Iterative Criteria for H- and Non-H-Matrices, with A. Hadjidimos). J. Appl. Math. Comp., 188 (2007), 19-30.
- A New Iterative Criterion for H-Matrices: The Reducible Case, with A. Hadjidimos. Linear Algebra Appl. 428 (2008), no. 11-12, 2761-2777.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- May 2001 5th IMACS Conference On Iterative Methods in Scientific Computing, Heraklion, Greece
- 20-22 Sept 2001 5th Hellenic European Conference on Computer Mathematics and its Applications (HERCMA 2001), Athens, Greece
- 3-4 June 2005 Conference in Numerical Analysis: Honoring Apostolos Hadjidimos on his 70th birthday, Ioannina, Greece.
- 13 June 2005 Invited Seminar on Numerical Analysis, Coimbra, Portugal
- 1-5 Aug 2005 Conference in Differential and Difference Equations and Applications, Melbourne, Florida
- 22-27 July 2007 CIM/UC Summer School: Topics in Nonlinear PDEs, Coimbra, Portugal
- 3-7 Sept 2007 NumAn 2007 Recent approaches to Numerical Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications, Kalamata, Greece.
- 1-5 Sept 2008 NumAn 2008 Conference in Numerical Analysis, Recent approaches to Numerical Analysis: Theory, Methods and Applications Honoring Richard S. Varga on his 80th birthday, Kalamata, Greece
- 5-11 June 2011 Computational Complex Analysis and Approximation Theory (CCAAT 2011) in honor of Professor Nicolas Papamichael, Protaras, Cyprus
- 29 June-3 July 2014 Workshop on Analysis of PDEs: Theory, Methods and Applications}, Protaras, Cyprus
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- “Herakleitos” Operational Program for Education and Initial Vocational Training, “Numerical Solution of Linear Systems with Iterative Methods.” Principal Investigator, 2002 – 2006