Dr Ioanna Stylianou
LECTURER IN STATISTICS AND ECONOMICS, COURSE LEADER OF BA (HONS) ECONOMICS
PhD, Economics (University of Cyprus, June 2012)
MSc, Economics (Economic Analysis) (University of Cyprus, June 2005)
BSc, Economics (University of Cyprus, July 2003)
AFHEA – Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Lecturer in Economics and Statistics, Fall 2013-present, Department of Business and Management, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus, Fall 2012- Spring2014
- Special Scientist, Cyprus University of Technology, 2014
- Special Scientist, Open University of Cyprus, 2013
- Research Fellow, Fall 2014-present, Department of Economics University of Cyprus
Referee in the following academic journals:
Journal of Economic Growth
Applied econometrics, macroeconomics, inequality, social mobility, economic growth.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Undergraduate modules: Business Statistics, Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics, Fundamentals of Business Mathematics, Introduction to Economics (EC1002), Principles of Economics.
Graduate modules: Operations Strateg, Business Information Management, Quantitative Methods Training for PhD students.
Course Leader BA (Hons) Economics, Uclan.
Course Leader BA (Hons) Business Administration, Uclan.
University of Cyprus, 2012-2014
Undergraduate modules: Mathematics for Economics I and II, Quantitative Methods in Economics, Macroeconomic Theory.
Graduate modules: Statistics and Econometrics I, Econometrics.
Cyprus University of Technology, 2014
Undergraduate modules: Financial Econometrics.
Graduate modules: Forecasting and Modeling, Research Methods.
Open University of Cyprus, 2013
Graduate modules: Health Economics.
- Organizer of the Seminar Series, 2014-1015, UCLan
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2013): Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays, European Economic Review, 62, 98-113.
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2015): Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility, Empirical Economics, Vol. 48 (1), 461-491.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- July 2017: CRETE-Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics, Greece, Revisiting the Great Gatsby Curve, with Andros Kourtellos and Charalambos Tsangarides.
- April 2015: Multinational Finance Society (MFS), Limassol Cyprus, Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility, with Andros Kourtellos and Chih Ming Tan.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Cyprus State Scholarship Foundation, 2003-2005.
- Researcher in the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) grant (2004-05), for the project “A Small Scale Macro Model for the Cyprus Economy”. This grant was awarded the amount of CY£25000.
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- Supervision of five MBA students, UCLan.
- Supervision of one PhD student in Economics, UCLan.