Dr Ioanna Stylianou
LECTURER IN STATISTICS AND ECONOMICS, COURSE LEADER OF BA (HONS) ECONOMICS, COURSE LEADER OF BA (HONS) BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
PhD, Economics (Econometrics), University of Cyprus, June 2012.
MSc, Economics (Economic Analysis), University of Cyprus, June 2005.
BSc, Economics, University of Cyprus, July 2003.
Visiting Dissertator University of Wisconsin Madison, USA, 2008-2010
AFHEA – Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Lecturer in Statistics and Economics, Fall 2013-present, Department of Business and Management, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus, Fall 2012- Spring 2014
- Special Scientist, Cyprus University of Technology, 2014
- Special Scientist, Open University of Cyprus, 2013
- Research Fellow, Fall 2014-present, Department of Economics University of Cyprus.
Referee in the following academic journals:
Journal of Economic Growth
Econometrics, statistical modeling, applied statistics, applied econometrics, inequality, social mobility, poverty, economic growth, institutions, information asymmetries, forecasting.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
School of Business and Management:
Business Statistics (MG3002), Fundamentals of Business Mathematics (MG1009), Research Methods (HR2010), Data Communication (BU1106), Dissertation (BC3010), Introduction to Economics (AC1002), Principles of Economics (EC1500), The Business Environment (BU1006), Internship (BC2005/BC3005).
School of Sciences- BSc (Hons) Mathematics:
Financial Statistics (MA3878), Actuarial Mathematics and Statistics (MA3877), Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics (MA1601).
Moderator: Stochastic Processes (MA3871), Linear Models (MA2873).
Quantitative Methods Training for PhD students, Data Analytics (MG4002), Data Analytics (MG4002)-Distance Learning, Designing a Research Project (MD4064), Operations Strategy (MG4219), Business Information Management (BT4215).
Course Leader BA (Hons) Business Administration, UCLan
Course Leader BA (Hons) Economics (until 2018), UCLan
Other Academic Activities
Senate representative for the School of Business and Management, 2018-present
Research Degree Tutor (RDT), School of Business and Management
Member of the Academic Standards and Quality Assurance Committee (ASQAC), 2018-present
Member of the Student Staff Liaison Committee (SSLC)
Organizer of the Seminar Series, 2014-1015
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Stylianou, I., Dimitriou, S., (2019): Contextualizing Compliance Officers (CO) and its State of Practice, Business and Society Review, https://doi.org/10.1111/basr.12181.
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Dimitriou, S., Stylianou, I., (2019): Disentangling the Expectation Gap for Compliance officers. Book chapter: Financial Compliance: Issues, Concerns and Future Directions, 205-268.
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2015): Robust Multiple Regimes in Growth Volatility, Empirical Economics, Vol. 48 (1), 461-491.
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2013): Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays, European Economic Review, 62, 98-113.
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Stylianou, I., Dimitriou, S., (2019): Examining the nonlinear relationship between corruption and tourism arrivals: A global analysis (Revised and Resubmit)
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- April 2019: International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines (IABPAD), Dallas, Texas, USA. Nonlinear Nexus Between Corruption And Tourism Arrivals: An International Perspective.
- July 2017: CRETE-16th Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics, Greece. Revisiting the Great Gatsby Curve.
- April 2016: Multinational Finance Society (MFS), Limassol Cyprus.
- April 2015: Multinational Finance Society (MFS), Larnaca Cyprus.
- April 2014: Multinational Finance Society (MFS), Larnaca Cyprus. Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility
- May 2013: Department of Economics University of Lancaster UK. Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays.
- January 2013: 8th PhD Presentation Meeting of the Royal Economic Society and Queen Mary
- University of London, London, UK. Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility.
- November 2012: Association of Southern European Economic Theorists 2012 Annual
- Meeting. Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays.
- January 2012: Seventh PhD Presentation Meeting of the Royal Economic Society and Queen Mary University of London, London, UK. Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays.
- June 2011: The 2nd Jerusalem Summer School in Economic Growth, Organized the Minerva
- Center for Economic Growth. Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays.
- July 2009: CRETE-8th Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics, Greece. Failure to Launch? Transition Delays, Institutions, and Divergence.
- June 2009: First European Conference of the Society for Financial Econometrics, Swiss Finance Institute, Geneva Switzerland.
- January 2009: North American Winter Meeting of the Econometric Society, San Francisco, CA, USA. Some Empirical of Economic Take-offs.
- June 2007: Department of Economics University of Cyprus. Does Human Capital Trigger Institutional Improvement? Evidence from the Post-Malthusian and Sustained Growth Eras.
- June 2005: Department of Economics University of Cyprus. A Macroeconomic Model for the Cyprus Economy.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- European Social Survey (ESS), Member of the national committee, November 2017-present.
- Researcher in the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) grant (2004-05), for the project “A Small Scale Macro Model for the Cyprus Economy”. This grant was awarded the amount of CY£ 25,000 (42,146 Euros).
- Cyprus State Scholarship Foundation, 2003-2005.
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
PhD Supervision -Director of Studies (main supervisor): Demetris Markou
Supervision of fifteen MBA students, UCLan.
Supervision of two BA students, UCLan.