Dr Ioanna Stylianou
Assistant Professor in Statistics and Economics
Deputy Head of School of Business and Management
PhD, Economics (University of Cyprus, June 2012)
MSc, Economics (Economic Analysis) (University of Cyprus, June 2005)
BSc, Economics (University of Cyprus, July 2003)
AFHEA – Associate Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Lecturer in Economics and Statistics, Fall 2013-present, Department of Business and Management, University of Central Lancashire (UCLan)
- Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus, Fall 2012- Spring2014
- Special Scientist, Cyprus University of Technology, 2014
- Special Scientist, Open University of Cyprus, 2013
- Research Fellow, Fall 2014-present, Department of Economics University of Cyprus
Referee in the following academic journals:
Journal of Economic Growth
Applied econometrics, macroeconomics, inequality, social mobility, economic growth.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Undergraduate modules: Business Statistics, Introduction to Mathematics and Statistics, Fundamentals of Business Mathematics, Introduction to Economics (EC1002), Principles of Economics.
Graduate modules: Operations Strateg, Business Information Management, Quantitative Methods Training for PhD students.
Course Leader BA (Hons) Economics, Uclan.
Course Leader BA (Hons) Business Administration, Uclan.
University of Cyprus, 2012-2014
Undergraduate modules: Mathematics for Economics I and II, Quantitative Methods in Economics, Macroeconomic Theory.
Graduate modules: Statistics and Econometrics I, Econometrics.
Cyprus University of Technology, 2014
Undergraduate modules: Financial Econometrics.
Graduate modules: Forecasting and Modeling, Research Methods.
Open University of Cyprus, 2013
Graduate modules: Health Economics.
- Organizer of the Seminar Series, 2014-1015, UCLan
- Christofi, M., Stylianou, I., De Massis, A., Kastanakis, M., Hadjilias, E., (2023): Health care’s grand challenge: The role of organizational ambidexterity and innovation performance by for profit organizations in tackling the health-related consequences from pandemics. Journal of Product Innovation Management, forthcoming
- Krambia-Kapardis M., Stylianou, I., Savva, C., (2022): Chapter 14. Ethical Leadership a Prerequisite for Sustainable Development, Sustainable Finance and ESG reporting ed. Dion. M Sustainable Finance and Financial Crime, forthcoming.
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Stylianou, I., Dimitriou, S., (2022): Nonlinear nexus between corruption and tourism arrivals: a global analysis. Journal of Empirical Economics, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00181-021-02193-2.
- Battisti, E., Giachino, C., Iaia, L., Stylianou, I., Andreas Papatheodorou, A., (2022): Air transport and mood in younger generations: The role of travel significance and COVID-19. Journal of Air Transport Management, 103, 102230.
- Battisti E., Graziano EA., Leonidou E., Stylianou, I., Pereira V., (2021): International Marketing studies in Banking & Finance: a comprehensive review and integrative framework, International Marketing Review, 38(5):1047-1081.
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Stylianou, I., Dimitriou, S., (2019): Contextualizing Compliance Officers (CO) and its State of Practice, Business and Society Review, 124 (3), 385-411.
- Krambia-Kapardis, M., Dimitriou, S., Stylianou, I., (2019): Disentangling the Expectation Gap for Compliance officers. Book chapter: Financial Compliance: Issues, Concerns and Future Directions.
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2015): Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility, Empirical Economics, Vol. 48 (1), 461-491.
- Kourtellos, A., Stylianou, I., Tan, C.M., (2013): Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays, European Economic Review, 62, 98-113.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- July 2017: CRETE-Conference on Research on Economic Theory and Econometrics, Greece, Revisiting the Great Gatsby Curve, with Andros Kourtellos and Charalambos Tsangarides.
- April 2015: Multinational Finance Society (MFS), Limassol Cyprus, Robust Multiple Regimes in Volatility, with Andros Kourtellos and Chih Ming Tan.
- November 2022: JPIM Forum, Orlando, USA (Invited Speaker): Health care’s grand challenge: The role of organizational ambidexterity and innovation performance by for profit organizations in tackling the health-related consequences from pandemics.
- September 2020:12th Ecommerce Conference (online). Social Media and Ecommerce (Invited Speaker).
- April 2019: International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines (IABPAD), Dallas, Texas, USA. Nonlinear Nexus Between Corruption And Tourism Arrivals: An International Perspective.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Cyprus State Scholarship Foundation, 2003-2005.
- Researcher in the Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation (RPF) grant (2004-05), for the project “A Small Scale Macro Model for the Cyprus Economy”. This grant was awarded the amount of CY£25000
Supervision of Projects/PhDs
- Supervision of five MBA students, UCLan.
- Supervision of one PhD student in Economics, UCLan.