Dr Vasiliki Christodoulou
Lecturer in Forensic Psychology
Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology (City University, 2010)
Master of Science in Foundations of Clinical Psychology (University of Wales, Bangor, 2006)
Bachelor’s degree in Psychology (Panteion University of Social and Political Sciences, 2005)
Post-graduate diploma (MA) in Evidence-Based Psychological Treatment (Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy) (University of Reading, 2011)
Lecturer in Forensic Psychology, UCLan Cyprus (2018 – present)
Counselling Psychologist, Mental Health Services, Ministry of Health (06/2013-10/2018)
Lead Researcher in a randomised controlled trial, City University London/ South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust Lambeth Early Intervention Service (08/2011-05/2013)
Counselling Psychologist, Improving Access to Psychological Therapies Service (IAPT)
Counselling Psychologist, Haringey IAPT East Team (London)
Counselling Psychologist (IAPT High Intensity Cognitive Behavioural Therapist), Haringey Primary Care Trust (06/2009-08/2011)
Counselling Psychologist, Halliwick Psychological Therapies Service
Counselling Psychologist, Barnet, Enfield, & Haringey Mental Health, NHS Trust, London (12/2008 – 06/2009)
- Licensed Counselling Psychologist in Cyprus (No. 142)
- British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapists: Fellow (Accredited as a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist)
- Association of Contextual Behaviour Science (ACBS): Member
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as a preventative and remedial intervention.
– The role of mindfulness in promoting psychological wellbeing and physical health
– Development of Acceptance and mindfulness-based interventions for anger and delinquency
- The trauma of immigration: Experiences of navigating the immigration/ asylum seeking system, managing trauma and utilising psychological support.
- The development of personal values in adolescence and their role in prosocial and antisocial behaviours.
- Ethnic prejudice, rationalization and relation to personal values and motivations.
- Societal perceptions of corruption and personality characteristics.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Practicum Leader in the MSc Forensic Psychology, Practical Experience in Forensic Psychology
- Module Leader/Module Tutor for several Psychology modules: MSc: Practical Experience in Forensic Psychology, Professional practice: Forensic consultancy and supervision, BSc: Brain, Treatments and Behaviour, Interpersonal and Organizational Psychology.
- Liaison with MSc student practical experience placements
- Christodoulou, V., Fortune, L., Gozde, A., & Koc, J. (2018). The experience of ethnic minority servicer users of a CBT-based guided self-help intervention. The Qualitative Report, 23(9), 2205-2221.
- Christodoulou, V. (2013). Acceptance and Commitment Therapy in classroom settings (Chapter 11). In J. Pistorello, S. Hayes, J., Lillis, & D. Long (Eds.), In ACT in College Counselling (pp. 223-250). Oakland: New Harbinger.
- Christodoulou, V., Flaxman, P., & Lloyd, J. (2019). A brief ACT training intervention for university students. Journal of College Counselling (Submitted).
- Christodoulou, V., Flaxman, P., Oliver, J., & Morris, E. (2019). A comparison of brief ACT training to Mindfulness-based stress reduction in the workplace. (In preparation).
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Christodoulou, V. (2017). Suffering in silence. Optimizing the management of psychological wellbeing for people with RMDs. Mindfulness and acceptance – How to use your body and mind to manage your life with a rheumatic disease. Presented at EULAR conference 2017, Madrid, Spain.
- Christodoulou, V., Frangou, G., & Karekla, M. (2017). Could experiential avoidance mediate the relationship between stress and tobacco smoking? Presented at the ACBS World Conference in Seville, Spain.
- Christodoulou, V. & Artemiou, K. (2016). The experience of an ACT group for patients with Rheumatic Diseases. Presented at the 3rd BABCP ACT SIG/ACBS UK & Ireland Conference, Edinburgh.
- Christodoulou, V., Oliver, J., Flaxman P., & Morris, E. (2013). Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for groups (Workshop). Presented at British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy Conference, London, UK.
- Christodoulou, V., Flaxman, P., & Lloyd, J. (2013). A comparison of ACT training to Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction in the workplace. Presented at British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy Conference, London, UK.
- Christodoulou, V., Flaxman, P., & Oliver, J. (2012). ACT in groups. Presented in Association of Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS) World Conference, Washington DC.
- Christodoulou V., (2012)., Acceptance and Commitment Training for students in higher education. Presented in British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy Conference, Leeds, UK.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity (2011-2014). Mindfulness interventions for employee wellbeing. Role: Lead Researcher.
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Administration and interpretation of the structured professional judgment tool HCR-20, Version 3 (2019, Concept professional training)
- Administration and interpretation of Structured Assessment of Violence Risk in Youth (SAVRY) (2018, TIOFP).
- Administration and interpretation of Juvenile Sex Offender Assessment Protocol-II (J-SOAP-II) (2018, TIOFP).
- Administration and interpretation of TAT (Thematic Apperception Test) (2018, Cyprus Mental Health Services)
- Administration, scoring and interpretation of WAIS-IV (2016, Motivo publishing)
- Administration, scoring and interpretation of MMPI-II (2016, Cyprus Institute of Psychotherapy)
- Cyprus Ministry of Education Scholarship from 2001 to 2005 during psychology Degree.