Mrs Louiza Sophocleous
PhD candidate Electrical and Computer Engineering (University of Cyprus, 2020)
MSc Biomedical Engineering (Imperial College London, 2011)
BSc-MSc in Applied Mathematics and Physical Sciences (National Technical University of Athens, 2009)
Associate Lecturer, UCLan Cyprus (2015 – now)
Researcher, Biomedical Research Foundation (2016-2019)
Special Scientist, University of Cyprus (2017)
Teaching Assistant, University of Cyprus (2012-2015)
Assistant Product Team Leader, European Medicines Agency (2010-2011)
- Member of the Cyprus Association of Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering (CAMPBE)
- Member of Cyprus Medical Physics Association (Cympa)
Research Interests include but are not limited to Biomedical Signal Analysis, Medical Diagnostics and Medical Imaging.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
- Modules taught: Functions, Vectors and Calculus; Calculus and Linear Algebra for Engineers; Mechanics; Mathematical Biology; Critical Analysis; Hamiltonians and Langrancians.
- Sophocleous, L., Frerichs, I., Miedema, M., Kallio, M., Papadouri, T., Karaoli, C., Becher,T., Tingay, D.G., van Kaam, A., Bayford, R.H., and Waldmann, A.D., 2018. Clinical performance of a novel textile interface for neonatal chest electrical impedance tomography. Physiological Measurement, 1–15.
- Sophocleous L, Becher T, Papadouri T, Karaoli C, KallioM, Miedema M, van Kaam AH, Waldmann AD, Nordebo S, Khodadad D, Yerworth R, Dupré A, Bayford R, Frerichs I. Effect of small-volume fluid bolus administration on end-expiratory lung impedance in ventilated neonates, 20th International Conference on Biomedical Applications of Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT2018), London, UK
- Nordebo, M. Dalarsson, D. Khodadad, B. Müller, A. D. Waldmann, T. Becher,
- Frerichs, L. Sophocleous, D. Sjöberg, N. Seifnaraghi, R. Bayford “A parametric model
for the changes in the complex valued conductivity of a lung during tidal breathing”
- Phys. D: Appl. Phys., vol. 51, no. 20, 9 pp, 2018. Extended version on
- Khodadad, S. Nordebo, B. Müller, A. D. Waldmann, R. Yerworth, T. Becher, I. Frerichs,n L. Sophocleous, A. van Kaam, M. Miedema,, N. Seifnaraghi, R. Bayford “Optimized breath detection algorithm in electrical impedance tomography” Physiol. Meas. vol. 39, 11pp, 2018.
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme, CRADL project (Continuous regional analysis device for neonate lung), Researcher, 2015-2019
- 1st Prize in the 2015 FameLab Cyprus Competition in Science Communication http://www.famelabcyprus.com
- Scolarship from Cyprus Government for studies at University of Cyprus due to High Academic Excellence (2012-2014)
- Scholarship from Cyprus Government for studies at National Technical University of Athens updated each year due to High Academic Excellence (2003-2008)
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Board of directors Member (Treasurer) of Cypriot Medical Physics Association