The European Court of Arbitration and the International School of Arbitration and Mediation of the Mediterranean and of the Middle East with the cooperation of its Cyprus Chapter and UCLan Cyprus organizes:
Med-Mid – The 12th Edition of the Annual Mediterranean and Middle East Conference (9:00am – 6:00pm)
“Which requirements are to be considered for the selection of the seat of international arbitral proceedings?”
The programme of the event will include speeches by:
- Mr Mauro Rubino – Sammartano, President of the European Court of Arbitration
- Judge Myron Nicolatos – The President of the Supreme Court of Cyprus
- Judge George Arestis, Former Judge at the Court of Justice of the European Union
- Mr Yiannos Georgiades, Chairman of the Cyprus Chapter of the European Court of Arbitration
- Prof. Stephanie Laulhe-Shaelou, Deputy Chairman of the Cyprus Chapter of the European Court of Arbitration
The event will offer a Moot Arbitration based on the Vis Moot Problem as part of the Programme, along with an open discussion relating to the moot and Reports by the National Chapters.
The conference will be followed by a traditional dinner at Ayia Anna Tavern in Larnaca
The Cyprus Chapter
The European Court of Arbitration has established a branch in Cyprus through the formation of the Cyprus Chapter in association with University of Central Lancashire Cyprus (UCLan Cyprus).
The Court’s presence in Cyprus is of invaluable importance since its formation has established Cyprus, especially due to its strategic position, as an International Centre for the resolution of commercial disputes through arbitration and mediation in the surrounding areas. In addition, it constitutes an effective and fast alternative way to resolve commercial disputes which can be exploited to the benefit of the Cypriot and Foreign businessmen. Furthermore, the branch generally deals with the promotion and enlightenment of the alternative means of resolution of commercial disputes as well as with programmes and seminars for professional and academic training in the field of arbitration and mediation.
Registration Fee: €177.00 per participant (incl. coffee breaks, lunch and dinner following the conference)
- Dinner on 25th October 2018 – €20.00
- SPECIAL OFFER Hotel Booking (Lordos Hotel, Larnaca) – From €90.00/night (single room BB) – subject to availability
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THE EVENT, FILL IN YOUR DETAILS AND A REGISTRATION FORM WILL BE SENT TO YOU DIRECTLY BY EMAIL TO FINALISE THE BOOKING AND MAKE THE PAYMENT.