Delivered by Dr Dmitry Labin
(Professor of International Law, MGIMO – University attached to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow)
School of Law, UCLan Cyprus
Dates (a total of five days instruction, completed in eight days):
Wednesday 29th, Friday 31st January 2014; and,
Saturday 1st, Tuesday 4th, Wednesday 5th February 2014.
Course fee: €300
Language of instruction: English
Venue: UCLan Cyprus Campus, Pyla, Larnaka
Award: UCLan Cyprus Certificate of Attendance, “Seminar: Foundations of International Investment Law”
Enrolment: please contact Dr Stella Alekou via e-mail on [email protected] or telephone + 357 24694000
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
WEDNESDAY 29th JANUARY (18:30-21:30)
1. Introduction: international law and the transboundary movement of capital.
2. Customary international law on treatment and protection of investment. Diplomatic protection of foreign investors.
FRIDAY 31st JANUARY (18:30-21:30)
3. Internationalism of investment contracts.
4. Incentives and restrictions for FDI inflow provided by national legislation of host State.
SATURDAY 1st FEBRUARY (11:00-18:00)
5. Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) and other investment guarantee schemes.
6. Seminar: discussion.
(14:00-15:00 light lunch will be served)
7. Bilateral investment treaties.
8. Energy Charter Treaty and other multilateral investment instruments.
TUESDAY 4th FEBRUARY (18:30-21:30)
9. Washington Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States (ICSID).
10. Jurisdiction, competence and admissibility of claims in ICSID Arbitration.
WEDNESDAY 5th FEBRUARY (18:30-21:30)
11. State immunity and the enforcement of investor-State arbitral awards.
12. Seminar: discussion.
(A) In Person – at our Accounts Department in the university campus from 09:00-17:00 (Monday to Friday). Cash, cheque or card.
(B) Direct to our Bank Account
Account No. 0443020337708
Account Name: UCLAN CYPRUS LTD
IBAN: CY21 0070 4430 0000 0000 2033 7708
Important note: please send receipt of payment with full name by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax to 24812120. Any unidentified payments might be lost.
(C) Online – Go to JCC Smart: www.jccsmart.com