“International Energy Law and Policy”
Delivered by Dr Dmitry Labin
(Professor of International Law, MGIMO – University attached to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow)
School of Law, UCLan Cyprus
Dates (a total of six days, spread over two weekends):
(weekend 1) Friday 1st, Saturday 2nd, Sunday 3rd November 2013; and,
(weekend 2) Friday 8th, Saturday 9th, Sunday 10th November 2013.
Course fee: €300
Language of instruction: English
Venue: UCLan Cyprus Campus, Pyla, Larnaka
Award: UCLan Cyprus Certificate of Attendance, “Seminar: International Energy Law and Policy”
Enrolment: please contact Dr Stella Alekou via e-mail on email@example.com or telephone + 357 24694000
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
Friday 1st NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
1. Introduction: The scientific and legal meaning of the terms “subsoil”, “natural resources”, “mineral resources”.
2. International Economic Law on Energy. The regulation of trade in energy products under the rules of the WTO, Energy Charter Treaty and EU (Third Energy Package).
SATURDAY 2nd NOVEMBER (11:00-14:00)
3. Legal peculiarities of energy production within national marine jurisdiction.
4. Legal status of transboundary natural resources.
SUNDAY 3rd NOVEMBER (10:00-13:00)
5. Legal regime of energy production in the Arctic.
6. International legal regime for the use of mineral resources beyond national jurisdiction.
FRIDAY 8th NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
7. National legislation on energy production.
8. International Law on investment in Energy / Production Sharing Agreements.
SATURDAY 9th NOVEMBER (11:00-14:00)
9. International legal provisions concerning the protection of the environment during the exploitation of natural resources.
10. Offshore electricity grid development under international law.
SUNDAY 10th NOVEMBER (10:00-13:00)
11. Review of existing jurisprudence of international courts and tribunals (International Court of Justice case-study).
12. Review of existing jurisprudence of international courts and tribunals (International Investment Dispute Resolution case-study).
(A) In Person – at our Accounts Department in the university campus from 09:00-17:00 (Monday to Friday). Cash, cheque or card.
(B) Direct to our Bank Account
Account No. 0443020337708
Account Name: UCLAN CYPRUS LTD
IBAN: CY21 0070 4430 0000 0000 2033 7708
Important note: please send receipt of payment with full name by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 24812120. Any unidentified payments might be lost.
(C) Online – Go to JCC Smart: www.jccsmart.com