Research Scientist for the School of Sciences
School of Sciences | Academic Staff
Closing Date: July 1, 2022 12:00 pm
UCLan Cyprus University accepts applications for one position for a Research Scientist for the School of Sciences.
The position will be filled through fixed-term employment contract for one year full-time and can be renewed for a second year depending on performance and projects’ needs. The position provides insurance through the national health system, but does not cover a 13th month salary.
The gross full-time monthly salary for the postdoc position will be €1,800 – €2,000 depending on the hired applicant’s qualifications and past experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The hired applicants will be expected to work with and contribute to activities of research projects.
- PhD in a relevant area (Trust in Science, Ethics in Technology, Moral Psychology, RRI) (Applicants without a relevant university degree, who study towards acquiring one, will be considered on a case by case basis, based on their academic history and performance until their application submission date.)
- Documented past experience and / or employment in positions that require excellent organizational skills, management skills, communication skills, adherence to work ethics, punctuality, capability of taking initiatives, commitment to meeting deadlines, team working skills, and completing tasks with little supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of English, and ability to contribute to report writing.
- Evidence of excellent skills as a researcher, which should be well-documented by participation as a researcher in other projects.
- Evidence of ability to pursue quantitative and qualitative research (e.g. focus groups) and analysis (e.g. thematic analysis).
Applicants should ensure that all of the following are submitted by the application deadline:
- A brief introductory note (1-2 pages long) explicitly stating, along with a brief justification, how the applicant’s background and experience covers each of the required and additional qualifications.
- A full biographical note (up to 10 pages), including the contact details of all past employers.
- List of research publications.
- Copies of all the degree titles of the applicant, along with the corresponding transcripts.
Please send your application to [email protected] by Friday 1st July 2022. For any enquires regarding the position may be addressed to Dr. Kalypso Iordanou ([email protected]) or to Dr. Josephina Antoniou ([email protected]).
All applications shall be treated in strict confidentiality and only candidates that meet the job specifications will be contacted.