School of Sciences – Lecturers & Part-Time Lecturers
School of Sciences | Academic Staff
Closing Date: September 1, 2019 12:00 pm
UCLan Cyprus is pleased to announce the expansion of its academic provision following yet another successful year of operation. The University will be employing new Academic Staff to begin in September 2019.
Appointments are required at various grades in the following areas:
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- 0.5 – up to 1.0 Lecturer in Data Analytics (see job description here)
- 0.5 – up to 1.0 Lecturer in Cybersecurity (see job description here)
- 0.5 – up to 1.0 Lecturer in Computing (preferably with specialization in Software Engineering) (see job description here)
- 1.0 Lecturer in Computing (Teaching only) (see job description here)
Applicants for the above positions should hold a PhD (or have submitted their thesis and are awaiting their viva) with a proven record of research achievement and have demonstrable experience of delivering teaching in Higher Education. Experience in CPD and professional training will be considered an advantage. Fluency in English is essential for the positions. These are 3 year positions in the first instance.
The University also seeks applications for part-time Associate Lecturers (see job description here) to contribute to teaching and CPD professional training in the following areas:
SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
- Advanced Software Engineering Techniques (e.g. recursion, concurrency, algorithmic complexity, and modelling functional behaviour of software systems)
- Wireless and Mobile Networks (e.g. deployment of secure, effective wireless networks, performance and limitations of wireless networking systems)
- Cybersecurity Incident Handling
- DATA ANALYTICS
- Business Intelligence (Computerised Decision Support and Decision Making, Business Intelligence methodology and concepts, DSS methodology and concepts, Decision Making and Analytics, Techniques for Descriptive, Predictive and Prescriptive analytics, Business Intelligence and Big Data)
- Electrical Engineering Fundamentals
- Analogue and/or Digital Electronics
- Introduction to ARM microcontrollers
- Signals and Systems
- WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Multimedia, Digital Media Design & Production, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effects
- Research Methods in Psychology (quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistics/SPSS)
- Cognitive Psychology
- Forensic Psychology (forensic risk assessment knowledge will be desirable)
It is desirable that applicants for the positions of Associate Lecturers should have a PhD, but this is not an essential qualification when they have Master’s degree and/or professional qualifications. Applicants should have teaching experience at university level and some years of industry practitioners’ experience.
The salary range is normally €30-40 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications; CPD professional fees will apply for certain professionals that will be involved high profile training programmes.
Heads of Schools are open for cooperation with experienced research fellows that can join initiatives across research and knowledge transfer activities. Some Internships are open for research – inspired scholars.
Application Form can be obtained here.
Please send application forms by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No CVs will be accepted without a completed application form.
The closing date for applications is on Sunday 1st September 2019.
For informal enquiries please contact Mrs Georgia Kyriacou, HR Manager, UCLan Cyprus, via email: email@example.com or call on 24 694000.