UCLan Cyprus, given its legacy as an Enterprising British University on the island, is very committed to promote entrepreneurship at all levels and across all frontiers. This is epitomised by the establishment of the Centre for Entrepreneurial Development, Alliance, Research – CEDAR – as the first interdisciplinary research centre of UCLan Cyprus, and the pioneering Centre for Entrepreneurship in Cyprus.
The mission of CEDAR is to act as a catalyst for entrepreneurial development by building synergies between different areas of expertise in education, training, research, outreach, and policy.
Here with some of the research specialisation that resident faculty and associates of CEDAR are credited with expertise:
- Start-up Entrepreneurialism
- Strategic Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Innovation (at industry, enterprise, and policy level)
- SMEs - growth gazelles
- Entrepreneurial Finance: Business Angels, Venture Capital-Private Equity
- Entrepreneurial Learning
- Cooperative Entrepreneurship
- Capital Structure and Performance
- Family Businesses and Business Families
- Value-creating Entrepreneurship and Sustainable Ownership
- Regional Development via clustering of touristic, agro-farming wineries, and heritage ventures
- Interdisciplinary focus e.g. innovations in education, technology based learning and training across life cycles; family structure and social capital impacting on youth, enterprising culture, social and sport enterprise.
- ACADEMIC WORKSHOPS & CONFERENCES
- RESEARCH PROJECTS & COLLABORATIONS
- FACULTY & ASSOCIATES
- CONTACT US