Get to know the British University of Cyprus
The best of both worlds
UCLan Cyprus is located in Larnaka, and it is now in its ninth year of operation. It is the first Branch Campus of the University of Central Lancashire and at the same time a fully licensed University in Cyprus. A unique and innovative model of a Cypriot and British University Educational Experience, accredited by the UK Quality Assurance Agency and the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education (CYQAA) respectively.
Built on strong academic foundations, the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan UK), our mother University, counts more than 190 years of history and is considered among the top 6.5% of all worldwide Universities by the Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR) 2020/21.
UCLan Cyprus operates under the academic umbrella of UCLan UK, and further to the latest political changes of the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union (BREXIT), it is considered a unique University, bridging the UK and Europe in terms of research, academic standards, student experience and student exchange.
The completion of studies at UCLan Cyprus will result in a Double Degree (two certificates) from the two Universities, UCLan UK and UCLan Cyprus, recognised not only in Cyprus and UK, but also across Europe and beyond.
Our students will also have the advantage of an exceptional student experience in every aspect of their University life, whether it is learning, personal support, facilities, accommodation, employability and social life, as well as personal development.
Bringing a world-class reputation for academic excellence and innovative thinking in Cyprus, our aim is to develop future business leaders and
international entrepreneurs, with the skills and business acumen for success in the modern global economy. This means that we can offer a unique blend of knowledge, practical experience and modern relevance, to equip students with the qualifications and skills for the international market in employment. Many of our courses are also accredited by professional and statutory bodies, ensuring the standards expected by today’s businesses for all UCLan Cyprus students.
The vision of the University of Central Lancashire, Cyprus, is to be recognised as a world-class, research-led University, competing successfully and sustainably within a national and international market. We are a University that is increasingly recognised for its commitment to outstanding teaching and practical learning, impactful research, innovative thinking and knowledge transfer that adds value to socio-economic and scientific development across frontiers.
- To promote access to excellence enabling all, students and professionals, to develop their potential.
- We value and practise equality of opportunity, transparency and tolerance.
- We aim to be a vital part of the social and corporate community, promoting innovation and development, both on national and international level.
- We strive for excellence in all we do: locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- We work in partnership with business, the community and other educators.
- We encourage and promote research, innovation and creativity.
- The advancement and protection of knowledge, freedom of speech and enquiry.
- The promotion of educational opportunity for all.
- The protection of the rights and freedoms of individuals and respect for diversity.
- A commitment to health, well-being, sustainability and sustainable development.