How to Apply for an entry Visa?
All non-EU students require a student visa to study at UCLan Cyprus. Students must apply within the deadlines set by the authorities for UCLan Cyprus to submit the visa documents to the Migration Authorities and the Ministry of Education for further approval.
Once you have your conditional offer letter, you will need to start gathering all student visa related documents.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR YOUR VISA APPLICATION
1. Original attested copy of school documents (native language & in English)
- School leaving certificate and Mark sheet
- Bachelor degree
- University Transcripts
- School leaving certificate
- Mark sheet
2. Original attested copy of passport, minimum validity 2 years
3. Original attested Police Certificate (native language & in English) with no criminal convictions record and valid for 6 months (from application deadline)
4. Original attested clear Medical Certificates (native language & in English) – validity 4 months for:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Chest X-Ray report (Tuberculosis)
5. Original attested Bank Letter & Bank Statement (native language & in English)
- Bank Letter – validity 6 months. Should state that the student or sponsor (father or mother) has the financial ability to support the student’s tuition fees and living expenses in Cyprus during the entire period of study. In case of another sponsor the relationship between the student and the sponsor must be clearly and officially stated in a letter.
- Bank Statement – validity 1 month. Should state the balance of the account to be €7,500 in the last month before the student submits the application to the University.
6. Bank swift receipt of €3000 partial deposit payment (the amount will be deducted from the total payable fees).
7. Visa Application Fee €140 (non-refundable).
ATTESTATION OF DOCUMENTS
As the attestations vary from country to country, your University advisor will provide you with all the needed details.
- All the above documents must first be scanned and sent via email to your University advisor or to email@example.com for confirmation. Then, all ORIGINAL documents must be mailed (by courier) to the University to: UCLan Cyprus Admissions Department, 12 – 14 University Avenue, Pyla, 7080, Larnaka, Cyprus – Tel. +357 24 69 40 00
- For nationalities that a visa interview is required, the student must provide the University with scan copies of the documents via email. The student will hold the origi nal documents and present them during the visa Interview.
GENERAL VISA GUIDELINES
Once you complete all the necessary attestations and collection of all documents, you must send scanned copies to the Admissions Office in order to proceed with the visa formalities and submit them to the Migration Department and the Ministry of Education of Cyprus. All documents will be evaluated and a decision will be communicated to the University.
The issuance of visa varies according to your country of origin and therefore, for some countries, the visa is issued from the Migration Department of Cyprus and is given to the University. The University is responsible for sending the visa (Temporary Entry Permit) to the student for entering Cyprus.
For some countries the visa is issued from the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in the country of residence of the applicant following a short interview. Students that will visit the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus for the interview visa must present all original attested documents.
The visa (Temporary Entry Permit) is valid only for a limited number of days after arrival and it must be renewed immediately. The student must contact the Student Support Department of the University to arrange and apply for the Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slip).
WHEN TRAVELLING TO CYPRUS
Upon arrival at Larnaka airport, students will be required to present to the Immigration authorities the following:
- Original passport
- Copy of the Entry Permit (and/or visa stamped on passport)
- Registration Letter by the University
- Receipt of Payment of the Deposit to the University
- Cash money minimum €2,000
UPON ARRIVAL IN CYPRUS
The entry permit is valid for travelling to Cyprus and only for a limited number of days after arrival; therefore, it must be renewed immediately with no delays. Failure to do so, may result in cancelation of your student visa. More information can be acquired by contacting the Student Support Department of the University.
All students must open a Bank account with a local Bank and deposit a minimum of €1000. A UCLan Cyprus student registration letter, a Housing Contract (attested by Notary Public or the Community Council president) and your passport should be presented to the bank when opening a bank account. Do not forget to ask for a confirmation of your account’s balance.
All medical tests including the x-ray must be redone once the student arrives in Cyprus.
VISA RENEWAL FEES
For the renewal and application of the Temporary Residence Permit (Pink Slip), the following (approximate) charges are applicable:
- Pink slip application fee €35
- Alien book fee €70
- Medical Insurance €130
- Medical tests €70 (blood tests & x-ray)
According to the Cyprus authorities, students must attend their classes regularly. Students who do not register for an academic year will have to depart from Cyprus.