The School of Business and Management places academic research at the core of its strategic mission and aspires to become one of the leading local business schools; a research-oriented institution of international repute. More specifically, our research strategy builds on five strands: advancing theoretical and conceptual thinking ; broadening our expertise in terms of research methodologies; informing on best practice ; contributing to the policy debate; and building partnerships across networks of stakeholders representing university research centres; business associations, professional bodies; and enterprise development agencies.
Currently, there are five research clusters in the school:
Governance and Finance, covering topics such as: financial and management accounting systems ; governance and performance; capital structure of growing firms, and entrepreneurial finance.
Entrepreneurship, The Entrepreneurship Cluster is a research group of UCLan Cyprus aiming to advance and promote research-related activities in the field of entrepreneurship. The goals of the Entrepreneurship Cluster are aligned with the purpose and goals of CEDAR [Centre for Entrepreneurial Development Alliance & Research – www.cedar.org.cy )
Hospitality and Tourism, covering topics such as: sustainable and green tourism, dark tourism, and sports tourism.
International Business , covering topics such as: multicultural management paradigms; leadership, sustainable business , CSR, innovation networks, and consumerism.
Education and Linguistics, covering TESOL methodologies , educational leadership and innovation in education
The School in collaboration with CEDAR is very active locally, regionally and internationally , in terms of research cooperation, knowledge transfer and engagement with industry, SMEs, family firms, and entrepreneurs across the business life cycle.
Funded Projects and Collaborations
- OECD project, reporting on Inclusive Entrepreneurship
- TEVEA Survey of Touristic Developments – the role of all-inclusive tourism
Specialisation of Faculty and Associates
- Professor Panikkos Poutziouris, Entrepreneurship, Family Business
- Dr Anthi Avloniti, Marketing Management
- Dr Panayiotis Constanti, HRM and Leadership
- Dr Loukas Glyptis, Governance Management Accounting Systems
- Dr Elias Hadjielias, Entrepreneurship, Family Business
- Dr Isabella Karasamani, Corporate Finance
- Dr Salomi Demetriou, Green Accounting
- Dr Panayiotis Kontakos, International Economics and Entrepreneurship
- Dr Olga Kvasova, Marketing
- Dr Ioanna Stylianou, Economics
- Dr Aspasia Similidou, Emotional labour in the hospitality industry
- Dr Irina Lokhtina, SME Management and Innovation
- Dr. Antri Georgiadou
- Dr. (cand) Katerina Antoniou, Dark Tourism
- Konstantinos Melas (PhD Candidate), Shipping Finance
- Demetris Markou (PhD scholar), Modelling Entrepreneurial growth
DIVISION OF EDUCATION AND LINGUISTICS
- Dr Maria Zeniou, Innovation in Education
- Dr Andri Kanikli, TESOL
- Dr Sviatlana Karpava, TESOL
- Dr Olga Michael, English Literature and Linguistics