“International Energy Law and Policy: Public Law”
Delivered by Dr Dmitry Labin
(Professor of International Law, MGIMO – University attached to the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Moscow)
School of Law, UCLan Cyprus
Solon Kassinis Energy Training School and Research Centre
Dates (a total of six days, spread over two weeks):
(week 1) Wednesday 19th, Friday 21st, Saturday 22nd November 2014; and,
(week 2) Wednesday 26th, Friday 28th, Saturday 29th November 2014.
Course fee: €300
Language of instruction: English
Venue: UCLan Cyprus Campus, Pyla, Larnaka
Award: UCLan Cyprus Certificate of Attendance, “Seminar: International Energy Law and Policy: Public Law”
Enrolment: please contact [email protected] or telephone 24694000
DOWNLOAD THE APPLICATION FORM
WEDNESDAY 19TH NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
1. Introduction: The scientific and legal meaning of the terms “subsoil”, “natural resources”, “mineral resources”.
2. International Economic Law on Energy. The regulation of trade in energy products under the rules of the WTO, Energy Charter Treaty and EU (Third Energy Package).
FRIDAY 21ST NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
3. Legal peculiarities of energy production within national marine jurisdiction.
4. Legal status of transboundary natural resources.
SATURDAY 22ND NOVEMBER (10:00-13:00)
5. Legal regime of energy production in the Arctic.
6. International legal regime for the use of mineral resources beyond national jurisdiction.
WEDNESDAY 26TH NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
7. National legislation on energy production.
8. International Law on investment in Energy / Production Sharing Agreements.
FRIDAY 28TH NOVEMBER (18:30-21:30)
9. International legal provisions concerning the protection of the environment during the exploitation of natural resources.
10. Offshore electricity grid development under international law.
SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMBER (10:00-13:00)
11. Review of existing jurisprudence of international courts and tribunals (International Court of Justice case-study).
12. Review of existing jurisprudence of international courts and tribunals (International Investment Dispute Resolution case-study).
(A) In Person – at our Accounts Department in the university campus from 09:00-17:00 (Monday to Friday). Cash, cheque or card.
(B) Direct to our Bank Account
Account No. 0443020337708
Account Name: UCLAN CYPRUS LTD
IBAN: CY21 0070 4430 0000 0000 2033 7708
Important note: please send receipt of payment with full name by e-mail to: [email protected] or by fax to 24812120. Any unidentified payments might be lost.
(C) Online – Go to JCC Smart: www.jccsmart.com