UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – APPLICABLE FOR 2019/2020 ENTRY Academic merit-based scholarships
1) 50% Scholarship on the original fee for the first year of study (payable fees €4,975) Strict Conditions for approval:
Russia: 4.9/5.0 Ukraine: 4.9/5.0 or 11.5/12 Lebanon: 95% or 3.7/4.0 Jordan: 95% or 3.7/4.0 South Africa: National Senior Certificate 80% Other: A’ levels 140 tariff points (new tariff system) (in course-related subjects) / IB Diploma 35/45
2) 40% Scholarship on the original fee for the first year of study (payable fees €5,970) Strict Conditions for approval:
Russia: 4.8/5.0 Ukraine: 4.8/5.0 or 11.2/12 Lebanon: 92.5% or 3.5/4.0 Jordan: 92.5% or 3.5/4.0 South Africa: National Senior Certificate 75% Other: A’ levels 120 tariff points (new tariff system) in course-related subjects / IB Diploma 30/45
Athletic Scholarships: Special bursaries are available for professional athletes. All applicants will be considered on an individual basis by the UCLan Cyprus Athletic Committee.
*For further details please contact the admissions office: email@example.com
All Scholarships are calculated as a percentage on the original fees: i.e. A 50% scholarship: 50% x €9,950= €4,975
POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS – APPLICABLE FOR 2019/2020 ENTRY Up to 30% scholarship on the original fees open to all postgraduate programmes, with a condition that the student passes successfully an interview with the Course Leader and/or Head of the School.
Important Note for PG Scholars: The postgraduate scholarship comes with a number of responsibilities and expectations; they should be exemplar scholars in both their behaviour and performance during class and modules on their postgraduate studies. In case of failure of passing any modules of their Postgraduate degree, the resit module fee will be calculated on the tuition fee that was applicable prior to the scholarship or discount earned.
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS & BURSARIES – APPLICABLE FOR 2019/2020 ENTRY 1) Siblings: 10% on the advertised fee for every year of study for all the siblings while studying simultaneously. 2) Alumni: 40% special scholarships on the original fees to UCLan Cyprus AND UCLan UK Alumni/Graduates and 10% discount on the advertised fee to their 1st degree relatives.
For the Scholarship Application Form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPORTANT NOTES 1) All UG Scholarships can be maintained for the next years of study CONDITIONAL on the academic progress of the student each year; they need to achieve 70% on his average grade & at least 60% on each individual module of the year, and as stated in the Offer Letter.
2) For All Students seeking Scholarships, either Undergraduate or Postgraduate or for Athletic, either Locals, EU or International, they need to complete the Scholarship Application Form (SAF) and send it to the Admissions Department along with supporting documentation.
3) In case an applicant is eligible for more than one type of the abovementioned scholarships or bursaries or other decreases on his/her tuition fees then the highest discount from the eligible ones will apply.
4) The percentages of scholarships described within are calculated on the original fees.
The Giovani Scholarships. Your Passport to Education.
The strong affiliation between the British University of Cyprus, UCLan Cyprus, and the Giovani Group generated a unique benefit to Giovani Group’s clientele. Purchase your home from Giovani Group and earn your passport to education, with the Giovani Scholarship.
The Giovani Group will sponsor €11,800 of your child’s undergraduate education.
From €39,800 which is the full tuition fee cost of all 4 years of undergraduate study at UCLan Cyprus, you will only pay €28,000.
In order to secure the Giovani Scholarship, you will need to first have purchased your home/property from Giovani Group.
Then automatically you or any of your family members and acquaintances, will be allowed the Giovani Scholarship.
The member of your family that will proceed with their undergraduate education with UCLan Cyprus will proceed with his/her Application to the University.
The University will evaluate his/her education background and an Offer Letter will be issued to him/her, confirming the Giovani Scholarship. Upon paying a €5,000 deposit the student will be then Register to his/her Programme of Study at UCLan Cyprus and enjoy the Giovani Scholarship.
The next payment will be due the 2nd year of his/her studies.
The balance of €23,000 will be requested to be paid from the 2nd year onwards and will be divided in the years of study remaining for the student. For example, 3 years of study left to completion, means €7,667 per year.
Terms and Conditions of the Giovani Scholarship:
1.The Giovani Scholarship is applicable only to those purchasing a property from the Giovani Group.
2.Upon signing of the Contract of Sales with the Giovani Group and letter will be issued to the owner confirming that they are now eligible to benefit from the Giovani Scholarship, based on the Terms and Conditions hereinafter explained.
3.The beneficiary of the Giovani Scholarship will then need to follow the below steps:
Provide the relevant documentation needed for UCLan Cyprus to evaluate the academic qualifications of the applicant. These are: High School Leaving Certificate and English Language level Certificate. In case the applicant does not have an English Language Certificate they can join the English Preparatory Courses of UCLan Cyprus and take the UCLan Cyprus English Placement test instead.
Once UCLan Cyprus evaluates the academic qualifications and is satisfied that they meet the minimum entry requirements then an Offer Letter will be issued to the Applicant, by the Admissions Department of UCLan Cyprus.
The Offer Letter will note the Giovani Scholarship and the tuition fees per year will be reduced as explained.
The only conditions on the Offer Letter that will need to be met in order for the Applicant to be able to Register are:
Accept the Offer Letter by signing it off.
Pay the 5,000 deposit.
Ensure they are eligible to stay in Cyprus, either via the Permanent Residency or Passport or even by proceeding with their Student Visa Application which UCLan Cyprus Admissions Department will support them to do.
4. The Giovani Scholarships are only applicable to Undergraduate Programmes of Study at UCLan Cyprus, for Full Time students, for entry either October or January intakes, for the academic years 2019/2020 and 2020/2021.
5. The Giovani Scholarship can be assigned to any family member or acquaintance of the owner of the property. The owner of the property must inform the Giovani Group in writing of the person that they are assigning the Giovani Scholarship to.
6. The Giovani Scholarship cannot be exchanged with any monetary benefit.
7. The Giovani Scholarship cannot be combined with any other scholarship or bursary or discount that UCLan Cyprus offers.