FRIDAY 24TH OCTOBER
6-9 PM, UCLAN CYPRUS CAMPUS
The Institute of Professional Studies (IPS) at UCLan Cyprus introduces the new Professional Diploma in Agriculture/Agribusiness with specialisations:
- Integrated Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry
WHY STUDY AGRICULTURE/AGRIBUSINESS?
– With the increase in world population there is a need for more food production.
– With the average age of a farmer in Cyprus standing at 55 years old, there is a need for young farmers.
– Primary sectors such as agriculture, are optimal in times of economic crisis.
– There is a new funding policy for agriculture/ agribusiness development for the years 2014-2020 which covers up to 60% of the total capital investment for new farmers.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME
– Provide students with technical knowledge and practical skills required for a career in agriculture/ agribusiness.
– Supply the agricultural sector with graduates who can lead and develop good agricultural practices and are able to contribute effectively to the development of this sector of the economy.
– Provide supervised work experience in the second year of studies, depending on the student’s choice and in line with real market needs.
– Help students develop efficient and environmentally friendly practical skills in the field of agriculture.