Saturday 13th April 2019
Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing (AML/CTF) compliance is an integral component of the financial services industry. While internal regulations established within the compliance program of a business may be clear about the responsibilities connected to AML/CTF compliance, they do not always provide practical solutions to the challenges that financial service providers face on a day-to-day basis.
For this and for other connected reasons, the School of Law of UCLan Cyprus is organising this professional course aimed at providing professionals, as well as advanced students and others, with (i) an insight to some of the latest developments within AML/CTF compliance and (ii) practical and real-life circumstances faced by AML/CTF practitioners.
The Course will aim to provide participants with:
• a guide to the recent developments and trends within AML/CTF compliance;
• an insight to upcoming amendments anticipated through the 5th and 6th AML Directives;
• an opportunity to address practical and real-life problems and situations.
This Course is to be delivered at the premises of UCLan Cyprus. It is keeping with the mission of UCLan Cyprus, which is to offer high quality education and training to its advanced students, the professions, the business sector and the wider community. By special arrangement, the course may also be offered as in-house training for management, compliance personnel and employees at small and medium-sized businesses such as law firms, accounting firms, and administrative service providers.
The Course will be delivered at an intermediate-to-advanced level. The Course will consist of six hours covering different substantive elements. The elements will, inter alia, cover the following subjects:
• AML/CTF in wider context
• Some insights from England and Wales
Element 1: Recent Trends and Developments
• The amendments to Cypriot Legislation and the Introduction of the Dynamic Risk Based Approach
• The 5th and 6th AML Directives
• Recent case law in Cyprus and internationally
Element 2: Practical Examples and Case Studies
• An interactive problem-solving session based on recent regulatory amendments, case studies, and examples.
• A short informal test and feedback with the aim of consolidating the knowledge and understanding of attendees;
• Chair’s closing remarks;
• Distribution of Certificates of participation.
This Course will be relevant to:
• AML Compliance professionals
• Practising lawyers, accountants and professional service providers;
• Management and senior employees at small and medium sized businesses;
• Participants of the previously held AML/CTF courses organized by UCLan;
• Advanced students in law, finance and business, accountancy, and cognate academic disciplines.
Find leaflet here.
The course will be held at UCLan Cyprus on Saturday 13th April 2019 between 10:00 and 16:00. The price for participation is EUR 200 per person which includes light lunch and refresments.
Certificates of participation will be issued. This Course is designed for the continuous professional development (CPD) of young professionals in Cyprus and internationally.
To book to attend the course, please complete the registration form here and submit it to email@example.com
For any information, please call 24694097.
The running of this Course is subject to a satisfactory number of participants booking their places on or before Tuesday 9 April 2019. Accordingly, participants should kindly book their places as soon as reasonably possible.
Payment can be made to the following bank account or through JCC Smart, UCLan Cyprus. Bank Account at Hellenic Bank Ltd/ Cyprus Cooperative Bank
IBAN: CY89 0070 4430 0000 0000 4005 5808
Swift Address: CCBKCY2N