Dr Andreas Makrides
ASSOCIATE LECTURER IN STATISTICS
PhD Statistics (University of Cyprus, 2016)
MSc Statistics and Modeling (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2010)
BSc Mathematics (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, 2008))
Teaching Assistant, University of Cyprus (2011 – 2016)
- Greek Statistical Institute (Association of Greek Statisticians)
Mathematical Statistics, Semi-Markov Processes, Reliability Theory, Multi-State Systems, Entropy and Divergence, Goodness of Fit Tests, Control Charts – Statistical Quality Control
- Barbu, V., Karagrigoriou, A., Makrides, A. (2017). “Semi-Markov Modelling for MultiState Systems”, Meth. & Comput. Appl. Prob., Vol. 19, to appear.
- Karagrigoriou, A., Makrides, A., Tsapanos, Th., Vougiouka, G. (2016). “Earthquake Forecasting Based on Multi-State System Methodology”, Meth. & Comput. Appl. Prob., Vol. 18 (2), 547-561.
- Dimou, F., Karagrigoriou, A. and Makrides, A. (2015). “Control Charts for the Coefficient of Variation”, In Statistical, Stochastic and Data Analysis Methods and Applications, Karagrigoriou, A., Oliveira, T. and Skiadas, Ch. eds., ISAST: International Society for the Advancement of Science and Technology, ISBN: 978-618-5180-07-2, 83-95.
- Makrides, A. and Karagrigoriou, A., (2014). “Statistical inference for multi-state systems”, Biometrie und Medizinische Informatik, Greifswalder Seminarbeichte, Aachen: Shaker Verlag, 23, 241-258.
- Makrides, A., Karagrigoriou, A., and Vonta, F. (2013). “Entropy type goodness of fit tests for heavy-tailed distributions”, In Statistical Models and Methods for Reliability and Survival Analysis, Couallier, V., Gerville-Reache, L., Huber, C., Limnios N. and Mesbah, M. eds, Hermes-Wiley, 33-44.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- On a control chart for the Gini index with simulations, European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS), Helsinki, Finland, July, 2017.
- Statistical inference for a general class of distributions with time varying parameters, Conference of Romanian Society of Statistics and Probability (SPSR), Brasov, Romania, April, 2017.
- Semi-Markov processes for multi-state systems: modeling, estimation and reliability/survival analysis. Conference of Romanian Society of Statistics and Probability (SPSR), Brasov, Romania, April, 2017.
- On semi-Markov modelling and inference for multi-state systems. 2nd Intern. Symposium on Stochastic Models in Reliability Engineering, Life Sciences and Operational Management (SMRLO2016), Beer Sheva, Israel, February 2016.
- Technical Multi State Systems with Applications in Seismology. Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis (ASMDA), Piraeus, Greece, July, 2015.
- Semi-Markov modelling on Multi State Systems. Applied Stochastic Models and Data Analysis (ASMDA), Piraeus, Greece, July, 2015.
- Technical Multi State Systems with Applications in Seismology. 28th Conference of Greek Statistical Institute, Athens, Greece, April 2015.
- Semi-Markov modelling for multi-state systems. International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES2014), Fribourg, Switzerland, September 2014.
- Statistical Inference for Multi-state Systems: The Weibull Case. 8th International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES2013), Regensburg, Germany, September 2013.
- Statistical Inference for multi-state systems. 5th International Conference on Risk Analysis ICRA5, Tomar, Portugal, May 2013.
- IKYK (State Scholarships Foundation in Cyprus) Fellowship, for the graduate studies (Master), 2008.
- IKY (State Scholarships Foundation in Greece) awards, for academic excellence in undergraduate studies during the period 2005-2008.