Mr Nikolas Ladas
Assosiate Lecturer of BSc (Hons) Computing
PhD Degree title (University of Cyprus, Ongoing)
MSc Computer Science (University of Cyprus, 2010)
BSc Computing (University of Cyprus, 2008)
- Associate Lecturer, University of Central Lancashire (Spring 2017/2018)
- Co-founder, Ten Ton Train LTD (2017-present)
Computer graphics: scene analysis and understanding, high dynamic range imaging. Computer games: procedural scene generation, non-photorealistic rendering.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Modules taught: Games Development 1&2
- Nikolas Ladas, Paris Kaimakis and Yiorgos Chrysanthou. Probabilistic Background Modelling for Sports Video Segmentation, 2017, International Conference on Computer Vision Theory and Applications (VISAPP).
- High Dynamic Range Video Concepts, Technologies and Applications (Chapter 11), 2016, Academic Press, Editors: Alan Chalmers, Patrizio Campisi, Peter Shirley, Igor Olaizola
- N. Ladas, Y. Chrysanthou, C. Loscos. Improving Tracking Accuracy using Illumination Neutralization and High Dynamic Range Imaging, 2013, First International Conference and SME Workshop on HDR imaging (HDRi).
- Sideris Isidoros, Nikolas Ladas, Yiannakis Sazeides. The Performance Vulnerability of Architectural and Non-architectural Arrays to Permanent Faults, 2012, 45th Annual IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture(MICRO).
- N. Ladas, Y. Sazeides, and V. Desmet. Performance Effective Operation below Vcc-min. IEEE International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS)
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- ISPASS 2010, White Plains New York. Performance Effective Operation below Vcc-min (Conference paper).
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- Industry and Technology Service MECIT Scheme for Development New Innovative Products and Services, €50000.
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Programming consultant: chorus.one.
- HiPEAC Paper Award for: The Performance Vulnerability of Architectural and Non-architectural Arrays to Permanent Faults
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Logipaignion 2015, 2018 (Judge).