Post-Doctoral Researcher for the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on the Rule of Law and European Values (CRoLEV) – School of Law
School of Law | Academic Staff
Closing Date: January 9, 2023 12:00 pm
UCLan Cyprus University accepts applications for the position of a Post-Doctoral Researcher within the School of Law for the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on the Rule of Law and European Values (CRoLEV). Visit https://crolev.eu/
The position will be filled through a part-time remote 12 months’ employment contract, renewable for another two 6-month consecutive terms as per project needs. The desired start date for the contract is 1st February 2023.
The successful candidate should possess the right to work in the EU.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist the CRoLEV Team in meeting the project’s research and impact objectives and submit the Deliverables.
- To manage project tasks, milestones and deadlines assigned to them.
- To produce and/or help in the production of high-quality research and methodological outputs as per the project’s work plan.
- To engage actively with the CRoLEV Team, other academics across all Schools and CRoLEV external experts and stakeholders for the purposes of the project.
- To produce and implement a post-doctoral training plan in cooperation with the CRoLEV Team and other services of the University.
- To progress the post-doctoral appointment as per the progress plan supported by university services.
- To organise appropriate records of activities (e.g. timesheets, publications, presentations) to fulfil the requirements of the project.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- A doctoral degree in any social science field, with preference for law, sociology, political science or empirical science (or awaiting for viva) is essential. Experience of research work at doctoral level (doctoral work must be completed).
- Expertise in empirical research and methodology in any social science discipline and publication(s) in the field.
- Experience of working with research projects.
- Ability to work to deadlines and time pressures within a professional environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English Language is essential.
For the Job Description and Person Specification for the position please see here
Applicants should ensure that all of the following are submitted by the below application deadline:
- A brief introductory note (1-2 pages long) explicitly stating, along with a brief justification, how the applicant’s background and experience cover each of the required and potentially any of the desirable characteristics/qualifications.
- A full biographical note (up to 10 pages), including the contact details of past employers.
- Copies of any degree titles of the applicant, along with the corresponding transcripts.
Please send your application to [email protected] by Monday 9th January 2023. Any enquires regarding the position may be addressed to Prof. Stéphanie Laulhé Shaelou ([email protected]) and Dr. Andreas Marcou ([email protected]).
All applications shall be treated in strict confidentiality and only candidates that meet the job specifications will be contacted.
UCLan Cyprus is an equal opportunities employer