Dr Milto Hadjikyriakou
LECTURER IN MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS
PhD in Statistics (University of Cyprus, 2010)
MSc in Statistics (University of Cyprus, 2006)
BSc (Hons) Pure Mathematics (University of Cyprus, 2004)
Lecturer in Mathematics and Statistics, UCLan Cyprus (2013 – Present)
Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, (2013 – 2014)
Research Associate, Cyprus University of Technology, Department of Commerce, Finance and Shipping (January 2011 – December 2012)
Dependent Random Variables, Stochastic Orders, Probability Inequalities
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Mathematics (September 2016-August 2020)
- Modules Leadership/Delivery: Introduction to Statistics, Introduction to Mechanics, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations and Laplace Transforms, Time series and Operational Research, Theory of Probability and Statistics, Nonparametric Statistics, Survey Methodology, Linear Models, Stochastic Processes.
- Member, Teaching and Learning Enhancement Committee (School of Sciences Lead)
- Arab, I., Hadjikyriakou, M., and Oliveira, P., Failure rate properties of parallel systems. Advances in Applied Probability, 52(2), (2020), 563-587.
- Giuliano, R., Hadjikyriakou, M. On Exact Laws of Large Numbers for Oppenheim Expansions with Inﬁnite Mean. J Theor Probab (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10959-020-01010-3
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Some results on dependent random variables and a connection with the multivariate s-increasing convex order. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods 46(24), (2017), 12087-12102.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Normal Approximation for strong demimartingales. Statist. Probab. Lett. 122 (2017), 104-108.
- Christofides, T. C., Fazekas, I. and Hadjikyriakou, M., Conditional acceptability of random variables. Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 2016(1), 149.
- Christofides, T.C. and Hadjikyriakou, M., The conditional convex order and a comparison inequality. Stochastic Analysis and Applications, 33, (2015), 259-270.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Comparison of conditional expectations of functions of strong N-demimartingales and functions of sums of independent random variables. Statist. Probab. Lett. 83, (2013), 1282-1286.
- Christofides, T.C. and Hadjikyriakou, M., Conditional demimartingales and related results., J. Math. Anal. Appl. 398, 380-391.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Marcinkiewicz-Zygmund inequality for nonnegative N-demimartingales and related results, Statist. Probab. Lett. 81, 678-684.
- Christofides, T.C. and Hadjikyriakou, M., Exponential inequalities for N-demimartingales and negatively associated random variables., Statist. Probab. Lett., 79, 2060-2065.
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- “Asymptotic results for demimartingales and randomly indexed demimartingales”, XXXIV. International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models, Debrecen, Hungary, August 2017
- “A comparison theorem for functions of vectors of associated and negatively associated random variables, 30th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS 2015), Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 2015
- “Demimartingale inequalities and related asymptotic results”, 29th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS 2013), Budapest, Hungary, July 20-25, 2013
- “Asymptotic results for demimartingales and randomly indexed demimartingales”, Research Seminar talk at the University of Coimbra, Portugal, November 2017
- “A comparison theorem for functions of vectors of associated and negatively associated random variables”, 30th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS), Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 2015
- “The conditional convex order and comparison inequalities”, 27th Hellenic Conference of the Greek Statistical Institute, Thessaloniki, Greece, April 2014
- Demimartingale inequalities and related asymptotic results, 29th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS), Budapest, Hungary, July 2013
- Large deviation inequalities and related results for N-demimartingales and negatively associated random variables, 5th International Workshop in Applied Probability (IWAP), Madrid, Spain, July 2010
Selective Research Funding/ Grant Capture
- IDEALVis: Intelligent Data Exploration and Adaptive MeaningfuL Visualisations (Funded by Cyprus Research Promotion Foundation, 2019, €250K, Research Team Member)
- Identifying Best Practices in Placements (Funded by 2BeConnected EU project, co-PI, 2018)
- First prize for the best paper by a young statistician (Greek Statistical Institute, 2010)
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Chair of the organization committee of the 30th Panhellenic Conference in Statistics (Cyprus, April 2017)
- Founding Member of the Cyprus Statistical Society (2017)
- Member of the Board of the Cyprus Statistical Society (November 2017- June 2019, June 2019-June 2021)
- Chair of the organization committee of the 1st One-Day Event in Statistics (June 2018)
- Member of the organization committee of the 2nd One-Day Event in Statistics (Cyprus, June 2019)