Dr Milto Hadjikyriakou
LECTURER IN STATISTICS AND COURSE LEADER OF BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS
PhD in Statistics (University of Cyprus, 2010)
MSc in Statistics (University of Cyprus, 2006)
BSc (Hons) Pure Mathematics (University of Cyprus, 2004)
Lecturer in Statistics, UCLan Cyprus (2013- to date)
Visiting Lecturer, University of Cyprus, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, (2013-2014)
Research Fellow, Cyprus University of Technology, Department of Commerce, Finance and Shipping (2011-2012)
- American Statistical Association
- Bernoulli Society
- Greek Statistical Institute
Dependent Random Variables, Stochastic Orders, Probability Inequalities
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
Teaching and Course Leadership
- Course Leader, BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- Modules Taught: Introduction to Statistics, Introduction to Mechanics, Ordinary Differential Equations, Partial Differential Equations and Laplace Transforms, Time series and Operational Research, Theory of Probability and Statistics, Nonparametric Statistics, Survey Methodology, Linear Models, Stochastic Processes.
- Member, Teaching and Learning Enhancement Committee (School of Science Lead).
- Christofides, T.C. and Hadjikyriakou, M., Conditional demimartingales and related results. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 398, (2013), 380-391.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Comparison of conditional expectations of functions of strong N-demimartingales and functions of sums of independent random variables. Statist. Probab. Lett. 83, (2013), 1282-1286.
- Christofides, T.C. and Hadjikyriakou, M., The conditional convex order and a comparison inequality. Stochastic Analysis and Applications, 33, (2015), 259-270.
- Christofides, T. C., Fazekas, I. and Hadjikyriakou, M. (2016). Conditional acceptability of random variables. Journal of Inequalities and Applications, 2016(1), 149.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Normal Approximation for strong demimartingales. Statist. Probab. Lett. 122 (2017), 104-108.
- Hadjikyriakou, M., Some results on dependent random variables and a connection with the multivariate s-increasing convex order.Communications in Statistics- Theory and Methods (just accepted).
Selected Conference and Seminar Presentations
- “Demimartingale inequalities and related asymptotic results”, 29th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS 2013), Budapest, Hungary, July 20-25, 2013.
- “A comparison theorem for functions of vectors of associated and negatively associated random variables, 30th European Meeting of Statisticians (EMS 2015), Amsterdam, Netherlands, July 2015.
- “Asymptotic results for demimartingales and randomly indexed demimartingales”, XXXIV. International Seminar on Stability Problems for Stochastic Models, Debrecen, Hungary, August 2017.
First prize for the best paper by a young statistician (Greek Statistical Institute, 2010).
Other Scholarly and Outreach Activities
- Leading the Organization Committee of the 30th Panhellenic Conference in Statistics (Pyla, April 2017).