Doctor of Philosophy in Biomedical Engineering (Near East University, 2021)
Master of Science in Neuroimaging (King’s College London, 2017)
Bachelor of Science (with Honours) in Medical Neuroscience (University of Sussex, 2016)
Cognitive neuroscience, Neurophysiology
Associate Lecturer in Psychology, UCLan Cyprus (2021 – Present)
Associate Lecturer & PR Executive, Eastern Mediterranean University (2019-2021)
SAS Method Practitioner, NeuroRhythm Neurocare Clinic (2019-2021)
Associate Lecturer, Near East University (2019-2020)
- Accredited provider of Sensory Activation Solutions (SAS) methodology
Problems with cognition are central to understanding psychiatric and neurological conditions across the lifespan. Therefore, my primary research interests are directed towards understanding human cognition and cognitive dysfunction, as well as how a person’s cognition and behavior are related to the brain and the rest of the nervous system.
Roles and Responsibilities (including past roles and responsibilities)
- Module Leadership/Delivery:
UCLan Cyprus: Applying Psychology, Introduction to Psychobiology and Cognition, Cognitive and Physiological Psychology, Brain Treatments and Behavior
Other Institutions: Problem Based Learning, Cognitive Psychology, Physiology, Neurophysiology, Neuroendocrinology
- Altinoglu, G. & Adali, T. (2020). Alzheimer’s Disease Targeted Nano-Based Drug Delivery Systems. Current Drug Targets, doi:10.2174/1389450120666191118123151
- Altinoglu G, Adali T, Tulay P (2019). Silk fibroin-encapsulated ibuprofen micro- particles: synthesis, characterization and anticancer activity. Journal of Biotechnology (European Biotechnology Congress 2019). doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2019.05.230
- Adali T, Tulay P, Altinoglu G (2019). Micro-encapsulation of anticancer drug carboplatin in silk fibroin and chitosan nano/microparticles as breast cancer treatment. Journal of Biotechnology (European Biotechnology Congress 2019). doi: 10.1016/j.jbiotec.2019.05.229
Selective Conference and Seminar Presentations
- Altinoglu, G., (2019). Neurotechnology for Sleep Disorders. The 6th International Sleep Medicine and Science Specialist Forum of the International Sleep Science and Technology Association (ISSTA) 2019, Near East University, Cyprus.
- Altinoglu, G. & Adali, T. (2018). Silk fibroin encapsulated Ibuprofen micro-particles: synthesis and characterization. 2nd International Congress of Biomedical Engineering IBMEC 2018, Near East University, Cyprus
- Altinoglu, G. & Adali, T. (2018). Silk fibroin encapsulated Ibuprofen micro-particles: synthesis and characterization. 23rd Biomedical Science and Technology Symposium– BIOMED 2018, Istanbul Acibadem University, Turkey.
Consultancy and CPD Training
- Neurofeedback training courses for practitioners
- Sensory Activations Method workshops