Research Assistant Position (with option for completing an MSc/PhD with scholarship)
Research Assistant Position | Academic Staff
Closing Date: January 31, 2024 12:00 pm
The School of Sciences at UCLan Cyprus announces one 12-month, full-time, Research Assistant position (with an option to renew for 12 more months).
The successful candidate will work on AI-related research with a focus on user experience and ethical impact of AI technology. Along with the research work, the successful candidate is encouraged to enroll in an MSc or PhD programme relevant to the thematic focus of the research work, which can be subsidized for the first year by the Research Assistant remuneration. The selected candidates will be working under the supervision of Associate Professor Josephina Antoniou, Deputy Head of the School of Sciences.
Short Description/Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidates will be engaged in research mainly in the scientific area of AI with a focus on user experience and ethical impact of AI technology. The successful candidate will contribute to tasks related to funded research projects, e.g., European Horizon or Erasmus Plus projects, and their day-to-day responsibilities will be to conduct research, produce results, communicate these results in research reports and articles, to submit for review and to publish research results in international conferences and journals, while working towards their MSc or PhD degree.
The candidates are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree in computer/information sciences. A Masters/postgraduate degree in this area is considered an advantage but not a requirement. The candidates are expected to have excellent academic writing skills and are asked to attach an academic writing sample in the English language to their application, e.g., from their final year thesis. Additionally, the candidates should discuss any additional academic experience with the English language, e.g., participation in research paper writing.
- Bachelor`s in Computer/Information Sciences (an MSc in either of these areas is considered an advantage but not a requirement).
- Excellent academic writing skills in English (a sample of your writing is required).
- Previous research experience, especially in EU-funded projects, will be considered an advantage.
The gross monthly salary starts from €1250, not including the MSc or PhD scholarship, which will be added onto the monthly salary (based on the requirements of the selected programme of study). From this amount, employee contributions to the Cyprus government funds will be deducted. The 13th salary bonus is incorporated in the monthly salary.
Interested candidates should send the following items to the email address:
- Cover letter that specifies the candidate’s interest and experience in this research.
- An academic writing sample as discussed above.
- A detailed curriculum vitae in English.
- Copies of official BSc (and any MSc/PhD) degree(s) as well as copies of official transcripts for each degree (if the original language of the degree/transcript is not Greek or English, copies of official translations are also required).
- If additional certifications are considered relevant, please attach copies.
- Identify the names of one university academic who can provide a reference.
The applications should be submitted as soon as possible. The evaluation of the applications will begin immediately, on a rolling basis. Top candidates will be invited for an on-site interview at UCLan Cyprus campus.
The closing date for applications is on 31/01/24.
For more information, please contact Dr. Josephina Antoniou at [email protected]